Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2014 Vs W7 Firewall, Other Security Applications

Options

Hello Forum:

I run a PC with W7 Ultimate OS (64Bit), and PC Tools Registry Mechanic 2013. My browser is Firefox 23.0. I have deleted Spyware Dr. and disabled Windows Firewall because I have just

installed BD Total Security 2014. I had a very clean install of the latter and no problems whatsoever.

1. Can I safely rely on BD2014 and all its sub-components to protect my PC and my directories and Files, as well as my already installed application and Windows Programs & Features?

2. Can I fun PC Tools Registry Mechanic 2012-2013 now? Does BD 2014 TS have a registry editor that now replaces PC Tools Registry Cechanic 2012-2013? Should I use both of them?

3. Can I disable Windows 7 Firewall and now rely on BD 2014 Total Security Firewall to do what Windows 7 Firewall was doing?

3. Should I install Windows 7 Bitlocker Drive Encryption or just let BD 2014 File Encryption do the job the job now? I do not want to get locked out of my own PC or my WP11! I now use the W7

Enhanced Password protection now. Can or will BD Total Protection File Encryption futz up W7 User Account Control. I can recover from a W7 User password goof-up. If BD File Encryption is

is as good it purports to be, dthen I might not be able recover from a BD lockout.

4. I did a BD2014 Total Security Virus Scan after installing the program today and it took 3 hours and 27 minutes. Seems like a very long time for the scan. Is it?

5. Is BD Total Security 2014 Wallet a safe and reliable application? Safe enough to entrust all my passwords to on the Internet sites?

6. Sorry to ask such stupid questions, but I am having trouble getting through to BD Technical Support with these questions. please bear with me.

Thank you!

Comments

• also you should never run two software firewalls at the same time. so please keep w7 firewall turned off while bitdefender is installed.