Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update Requires Reboot To Complete - Problem

Options

Every 30 minutes I get the red warning (that little red #1)

I click it and it takes me to the Bitdefender Total Security popup and there is a red #1 in Update section.

I click it and in the list of update events there is a new one that says Update Requires Reboot to Complete.

I click it and choose reboot and the PC reboots and Bitdefender says everything is OK.

About 30 minutes later that red #1 is back telling me I need to reboot.

This has been happening all day!

Any ideas?

(i have used this software without problems for a couple months now. No issues until today)

Comments

• Every 30 minutes I get the red warning (that little red #1)

I click it and it takes me to the Bitdefender Total Security popup and there is a red #1 in Update section.

I click it and in the list of update events there is a new one that says Update Requires Reboot to Complete.

I click it and choose reboot and the PC reboots and Bitdefender says everything is OK.

Any ideas?

(i have used this software without problems for a couple months now. No issues until today)

I had the same problem on two Windows Vista machines. Solution for both was to do a complete shutdown, then power back on. My Windows 7 laptop worked ok with a simple restart.

• I had the same problem on two Windows Vista machines. Solution for both was to do a complete shutdown, then power back on. My Windows 7 laptop worked ok with a simple restart.

I tried that but didnt help.

looking at the update events list i can see that Bitdefender says its doing an update every hour! In the last 24 hours it has done 24 updates?

Whats going on?

• How did you install the new TS? Did you let the installer remove a previous copy of TS 2013? If so then you have got leftovers from the 2013 build interfering with the update module. That happened in my instance. The fix was to make a note of the license key and run both the 2013 and New Bitdefender uninstall utilities in windows safe mode. Then reinstall the new version again. Since doing that I haven't had the constant nag to restart you now face.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Downloads/...l_consumer.html

• I have the same problem since yesterday

So it may be not about my older version (2013) because i have the new version (2014) from its beginning without this schema: update-reboot,update-reboot- and again update-reboot.... AND AGAIN .So now i just delete the message.

• Every 30 minutes I get the red warning (that little red #1)

Any ideas?

I too am experiencing this problem, but in BD Internet Security (2014). I thought it may be due to my trial version of the product. I haven't had BD installed previously as I am looking to move to BD after 10 years of Kaspersky. After every update check (approx. hourly) the update prompts to reboot. I guess this is a bug. I will start monitoring the scanning engine for updates to check if they are actually occurring (and therefore perhaps warranting an restart). I don;t want to delete or ignore the message as it could be from a component update for a vulnerability.

• I upgraded to Windows 7(Not Windows 8) and that solved my issue. Stay away from Vista and Windows 8. smile2.png

Nobody should need to install a different operating system just so that BD can update.

You may install Bitdefender Internet Security only on computers running the following

operating systems:

● Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (32-bit)

● Windows Vista with Service Pack 2

● Windows 7 with Service Pack 1

● Windows 8

Therefore it has to function on all the above, not just W7 ;)

• Now I have got it again with the last two successive program updates and take back my words of advice about clean installing since they don't apply long term.