Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safe Lock Problem!

Options
Deepak HKadam
edited September 2013 in General

Hello. I have a severe problem that thousands of people too have.

I have recently installed the NEW Bitdefender Total Security (1 PC - 1 Year). I did not know that the Safe Lock is so dangerous. After installation I used the safe lock facility. Then, after rebooting, a message is displayed (pic in attachment) to enter the PIN. But I am not able to enter it. No keys on my keyboard are working. Also the caps lock LED is blinking continuously.

I tried several things such as the Start-up Repair, Safe Mode. Unfortunately I have Windows 8.1 Prev. installed on my Laptop. Hence, this OS doesn't have a repair disk and the Windows 8 Repair disk doesn't work with it! I cannot afford resetting my PC or formatting it. My efforts in trying out the Safe Mode also went it vain :(

I read more than 20 threads on this forum site but none of it helped me as the solutions were kept secret by sending them to the user's email. Please would I too get the same?

I also tried calling the support center (Mumbai) but I could hear only the ring and no one would attend it. I need a solution at once. Many of my projects are pending. Please reply!!

MY LAPTOP SPECS :

Lenovo G580 Notebook

Windows 8.1 PRO Preview OS

4 GB RAM

500 GB Hard Disk

Bitdefender Total Security 2013. (NEW - Downloaded from the official website)

(Used the older license key to activate it)

post-156718-1378714798_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello Dpak HK

I will send you a solution via PM in a couple of minutes.

Please don't hesitate to post back if you encounter further issues. Thank you!

• Hello Dpak HK

I will send you a solution via PM in a couple of minutes.

Please don't hesitate to post back if you encounter further issues. Thank you!

Thanks Georgia :) It worked. But I did a little changes in your method. I inserted a Windows 7 Installation Disk and browsing to the Local Disk C:\, I deleted those two files! And YO! My Windows is now normal. Thanks again.

• Georgia
    Options

I'm glad it worked. Thank you for posting back with your results. :)

This discussion has been closed.