Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe

Options

Just updated to new version of total security and did a full system scan with no other apps running.

And vsserv.exe was using 55% to 99% of my CPU and 70,000Kb to 150,000Kb of my memory.

as it got passed 85% of scan progress it was at the lower end of resource usage.

But up until 85% of scan progress it was using 70% to 99% of my CPU and 100,000Kb to 150,000Kb of memory.

And the older version scan used no where near that so i think it is a bug.

But i think i always had other apps running when i scanned with older version so maybe that has somethig to do with it.

When im not scanning is using 0% CPU and low memory usage though so thats O.K.

Comments

• Just updated to new version of total security and did a full system scan with no other apps running.

And vsserv.exe was using 55% to 99% of my CPU and 70,000Kb to 150,000Kb of my memory.

as it got passed 85% of scan progress it was at the lower end of resource usage.

But up until 85% of scan progress it was using 70% to 99% of my CPU and 100,000Kb to 150,000Kb of memory.

And the older version scan used no where near that so i think it is a bug.

But i think i always had other apps running when i scanned with older version so maybe that has somethig to do with it.

When im not scanning is using 0% CPU and low memory usage though so thats O.K.

I ran scan with apps running and use 100% CPU. Not too good.

• How do i go back to using the older version of Bitdefender?

I like to scan when i'm doing other stuff.

And anything that uses 100% CPU is broken imo.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello,

A product update was recently released and it brought many improvements to Bitdefender - build version is 17.18.0.808.

Please right click on the Bitdefender icon located in system tray and from the menu select "Update Now". Reboot the PC if requested, then check if the issue persists.