Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Compatability

Options

hi

I have just installed bitdefender total security, I have malwarebytes pro, but the licence needs to be paid, is it worth having the two on one pc or do they do the same job.

thanks

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi menorcarob, and welcome :)

Good question to ask :) Using the free version is not a problem for a 2nd opinion scan. The link below is the BD official response to your question. Also, be sure to disable your BD On-Access scanner (main UI Antivirus/Settings/Off) when running the MBAM scan, just to keep them from both scanning the same accessed files.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=151353

Hope this helped,

Scott

• Thanks for the speedy reply and warm welcome, I looked at the link and I will not buy the pro licence and save some money

many thanks once again

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2013
    Options

You're welcome :) Glad you were helped, and saved some $$

Cheers,

Scott

edit: Just an aside, to have had the Pro version, but "disabled" the real time shield, wouldn't do enough, as there are still MBAM background running process that can conflict with BD (mentioned in the above link) thus, only the free version is recommended.

• Thanks for the speedy reply and warm welcome, I looked at the link and I will not buy the pro licence and save some money

many thanks once again

Hello!

I recently opened an incident with Bitdefender asking the same question. :) I received the same boilerplate reply as in the other thread, including typos. I'm running MalwareBytes Pro with Bitdefender Total Security and not experiencing any issues. Until better information can be given than some beta testers experienced an issue I'm going to continue in this configuration. MalwareBytes certifies compatibility with Anti-Virus apps.

• Hello.

I have been running MBAM Pro and BTS 2014 simultaneously for six weeks on a Windows 8 x64 machine with no exclusions set on either program. No compatibility issues so far... :unsure:

• Hello.

I have been running MBAM Pro and BTS 2014 simultaneously for six weeks on a Windows 8 x64 machine with no exclusions set on either program. No compatibility issues so far... :unsure:

Even though BD and MBAM are running together in realtime, what would happen if malware did get onto the system (or tried to)? If both programs detected it, might this be when one program would affect the others efficiency? Both end up playing tug-of-war as to which program is going to treat it ..or something else unpredictable?

• Actually mart, you're probably right...

I just rethought my situation and uninstalled MBAM Pro, removal-tooled, and did a clean install of MBAM Free in order to align with BD's "official" position on the matter at this time. I can always revert to Pro if new info comes to light or I find that the on-demand version is insufficient?!... :ph34r: