Windows 8 Security And Windows 8.1 Help Pls

I have Bitdefender windows 8 security installed with windows 8.1 ,the scan in security 8 does not work.What can I do for now to get Bitdefender to work until a fix ,do I change programs for now? Thks

Comments

• busterbuddy
    edited September 2013
    I have Bitdefender windows 8 security installed with windows 8.1 ,the scan in security 8 does not work.What can I do for now to get Bitdefender to work until a fix ,do I change programs for now? Thaks

I don't think any of the major AVs are ready yet to be compatible with and run properly on Windows 8.1.

BD has committed on these forums to have Windows 8.1 compatible upgrades available by the time the final version of Windows 8.1 is released. If you want AV protection you are going to have to rely on Windows Defender or reinstall Windows 8 until the official release of windows 8.1.

• I have Bitdefender windows 8 security installed with windows 8.1 ,the scan in security 8 does not work.What can I do for now to get Bitdefender to work until a fix ,do I change programs for now? Thks

Can you elaborate the issue in more detail? What is exactly happening?

• Hi Thks for reply. Basically the antivirus setting with the 2 scan options are not being turned on ,I tried many times but does not work. I uninstalled Security 8 for now until a fix and I am running free antivirus from Bitdefender for now. I tried another antivirus program (webroot) but too many problems even giving me bsod's.

• Hi will I be able to use windows 8 security soon again or can i use a total security 2014 program? Thks

• hi any news on Bitdefender Security 8 for 8.1,i'd like to use it again on my machine .Thks

• Hi again any news on windows 8.1 compatibility,windows 8.1 is released next week.My license is good for another year so I would like to resume using Bitdefender.Thks

• i guess i'll just wait............................................................................

• Hi really no one can help with this pls. Thks :rolleyes:

• Hi Thks for reply. Basically the antivirus setting with the 2 scan options are not being turned on ,I tried many times but does not work. I uninstalled Security 8 for now until a fix and I am running free antivirus from Bitdefender for now. I tried another antivirus program (webroot) but too many problems even giving me bsod's.

There are a number of internal changes in W8.1 that make BD W8 Security problematic at this time when used on W8.1. Supposedly BD W8 Security will have an update making it compatible with W8.1 when W8.1 is released to the public next week.

• ok thks for reply i'll wait until next week ,right now I am using Avast and it is doing its job.

• Hi anyone know if security 8 is compatible with windows 8.1 at this time?

• Hi anyone know if security 8 is compatible with windows 8.1 at this time?

I have W8.1 installed on one computer and no problems with BD W8 Security that I have noticed. Windows 8.1 and BD W8 Security both appear to be running fine.

• THks for the reply, so that menas that they fixed the problem ,because I had taken out Security 8 about a month ago because it was not running with the windows 8.1 pre.I have avast running for now. I just don't want to install security 8 all over again for nothing .Thks

• Not fully working for me in x64 8.1

Prior to upgrade everything worked great, but after AVC is grayed out. It won't turn on and there is no blue slider.

I have updated, rebooted, & repaired with no luck.

Build 16.34.0.1913

Engine Version: 7.51026

• Not fully working for me in x64 8.1

Prior to upgrade everything worked great, but after AVC is grayed out. It won't turn on and there is no blue slider.

I have updated, rebooted, & repaired with no luck.

Build 16.34.0.1913

Engine Version: 7.51026

Check Action Center Security. Cclick on flag and then click again. Click on Security and see what it says. Maybe it will show something that needs to be fixed

• Had some extra time this evening and since I was thinking about this I did a full uninstall/re-install.

Win8 Security and AVC is now fully functional.

If you upgrade to Windows 8.1 and experience problems, try a full uninstall/re-install.

Solved my issues.

• THks i might try the re-install thing.I am wondering if I should just use the new Internet security 2014 with the key I have I think it works with security 8. I am saying this since for now Security 8 is not being upgraded or updated enough yet.?

• hi anyone on this

• no one yet can answer above " i might try the re-install thing.I am wondering if I should just use the new Internet security 2014 with the key I have I think it works with security 8. I am saying this since for now Security 8 is not being upgraded or updated enough yet.? "

• HI still no help with my question

i might try the re-install thing.I am wondering if I should just use the new Internet security 2014 with the key I have I think it works with security 8. I am saying this since for now Security 8 is not being upgraded or updated enough yet.? "

• I have Bitdefender windows 8 security installed with windows 8.1 ,the scan in security 8 does not work.What can I do for now to get Bitdefender to work until a fix ,do I change programs for now? Thks

I have BD W8 Security installed on two W8.1 computers. I just checked one and under AV Events it says "Autoscan completed successfully 10-24-13"

On the other it does mention an Autoscan. I have had W8.1 installed for about a week on both computers. I did notice that after the update to W8.1 that Autoscan was turned off. I had to manually turn it on. There have also been several updates to BD W8 Security requiring reboots since I upgraded to W8.1.

• Thks for reply, so I guess I could use Internet Security 2014 with Security 8 key or just install Security 8 and see if it works?

• guess i'll go with 2014 internet security version, the security 8 has no updates or any big help for users

• guess i'll go with 2014 internet security version, the security 8 has no updates or any big help for users

Not suggesting what you do but BD W8 Security works just fine on my two W8.1 computers. I did have to do a repair on one but after that it works just fine. I don't know if switching BD software will help resolve your issue. However, if it does all the more power to you. Good luck

• Hi Thks for reply, I just think that security 8 does not seem to be updated enough like other products.

• Hi Thks for reply, I just think that security 8 does not seem to be updated enough like other products.

You must be talking about the product. As far as I know it is updated about once a month or has been recently.

The last product update was the beginning of Oct

Hello,

A new product has been released with the following details:

Date: 10/03/2013

Affected software:

- Bitdefender Total Security

- Bitdefender Internet Security

- Bitdefender Antivirus

- Bitdefender Small Business Security

- Bitdefender Windows 8 Security