Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender2008 Freezing

Options

Hi, I'm running windows XP and openSUSE 10.3 dual booting from the same hard driver and every time bit defender antivirus 2008 gets to a specific file, it doesn't go anyfarther. I've let it run for 9 hours + and it never gets past that one file. I've tried to add it to the exclude list but it just freezes when I do.

anyways the file is, C:/System Volume Information/MountPointManagerRemoteDatabase

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear sake,

Reboot your pc but press several times on the F8 button before the windows splash screen select safe mode and select the administrator account.

Can you please try this go to start,my computer,now go to the tools menu,folder options,display/view,uncheck hide system protected operating system files press on apply and ok confirm the warning. Now you will see a folder called system volume information now try to add the file where BitDefender got stuck to an archive. After that reboot your pc and upload that archive into your next post so the virus researchers can take a look at it. To do so just reply and now scroll down till you see the Attachments section press on browse and navigate to the location of your archive press on upload. There is a 2 mb file limit. If your archive is too large upload it to a free file host such as rapidshare.com and add the link to a text file and upload that textfile. Afterwards go to start,right click on my computer,choose properties,system restore check the option disable system restore on all stations press on apply and ok. Wait till you see the message disable now uncheck it again press on apply.

I've moved your topic to a more appropriate forum section.

Best regards

Niels

• sake
    Options

here is the file to be honest i thought it was just a byproduct of having linux and windows installed on the same HDD thanks for the help :)

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1724" data-fileid="1724" rel="">System_Volume_Information.rar

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello sake,

What you attached is an archive containing an empty folder.

Before trying to archive the file you want, you have to get access to it. Please read THIS for more details.

Cris.