Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Dialup And Bd

Options

I've been using BD Antivirus Plus 2013 since January with my Netzero dialup, good connection with about 45 kbps, with no problems until about two weeks ago. Up to that point my updates were downloading successfully and the antivirus autoscan was working. Now two weeks ago the interface is not working properly and I'm getting brownout "Not Responding" problems intermittently. The autoscan is turning off and the updates are not always downloading, giving me error messages 1002 and 100. Sometimes I get successful downloads and sometimes not. Why am I recently having all these problems with the AV, when it worked fine for so many months? The tech in an email said it's the slow dialup, but it worked fine before with the same speed. I don't have affordable highspeed available in my are. Please help me fix this problem. I did a repair and downloaded all the updates using some WiFi, so got things up to date about two weeks ago.

Comments

• I don't believe it's the dialup that's the problem. Been using it and BD for years on this same netbook with no problem. When I check the startup apps running, it says the BD Update is running, but the Virus shield has stopped. It's an intermittent problem and will work fine for a few days, then it will stop when I first dialup and get online, then seems to work in a few minutes again. Does anyone else have any idea what's going on? I have disabled the laptop/game modes. Am I being protected even if the autscan is disabled for a time? I guess it's not blocking viruses actively, huh? What do I do to fix this problem. It seems other people have this problem too on laptops. Apparently the upgrade, reinstalling and repair doesn't fix the problem. From what I've read it's a bug with the AV.