Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Compatibility With Windows 8.1?

Options

Is the latest 2014 Bitdefender Antivirus compatible with Windows 8.1 RTM?

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello ibbi,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

The New Bitdefender can be installed on Windows 8.1. However, we can not guarantee the full functionality yet. When Windows 8.1 is available in stores, Bitdefender (2014 edition) will be perfectly compatible with it.

Have a nice day!

• Compatibility 8.1 1000%

post-158862-1380196415_thumb.jpg

• Ok, there have been several requests about Windows 8.1 compatibility. The official line seems to be that it will definitely be compatible once 8.1 is on general release. It is only a few hours away from release...so? Is it compatible now?

• antikythera
    edited October 2013
    Options

8.1 is released in the UK officially as of 12pm and downloading onto my Father's PC. He started it before asking me if it would work because the Windows Store said it was a free upgrade that would enable him to carry on using his PC while it was installing. Evidently I can't advise him any further at this point about compatibility so it will be a case of ###### it and see. I will post back on here what happens. really? swearing filter doesn't like s u c k?

• At his house now. After a few hours wait Windows has been upgraded to 8.1. The only apparent thing that isn't working is the IE Wallet extensions. One reboot was needed for the firewall to work. That is it. So seemingly it works okay if you upgrade with an existing installation from Windows 8.

• ComputerPerson
    edited October 2013
    Options

Active Virus Control will not turn on with BDTS after 8.1 X64 update.

Also BD is very sluggish - even right click the tray icon taked 20-30 seconds to react.

have rebooted several times already.

Tray icon is red & BD cannot fix itself with the BD troubleshooter.

Do I have to re-install BD or what?

• No its not compatible with many PC or Laptop now.Have a many Problems.just wait and dont update to win8.1.

• Still no problems with BDIS on 8.1 x64 (EUFI,GPT, Secureboot). AVC and everything else all presently running fine. Before upgrading the OS all I did was make sure that Windows 8 and BDIS were updated, then PC restarted to make sure everything was patched, checked all other drivers and programs for compatibility too and applied any necessary updates. Just the browser extensions don't like IE11 which isn't an issue as Wallet isn't used anyhow.

• antikythera
    edited October 2013
    Options

Just upgraded my gaming PC (W8 Pro with Media Center x64 to W8.1) and again no problems with BDIS apart from IE11 addons. In fact, everything works which is great because I've read some posts on other forums about AMD drivers and network cards falling over.

To clarify the above, with my Father's PC I had already done the donkey work installing drivers and updates in preparation for upgrading it myself to 8.1. He just decided to take the plunge before I was able to go and do the upgrade for him.

• My experience has been that Total Security (2014) works ok with 8.1.

Upgraded on 3 machines all running 8.1 pro (one 32 bit and 2 64 bit). The experience is the same on all and the same as other poster, i.e. all seems to run ok save for the bitdefender Wallet add-on for IE11, which will not

run (who cares it is poor anyway).

Bitdefender requested a re-boot to start the firewall running after the upgrade was complete.

Otherwise everything seems to be working ok and all settings and logs were carried over with the upgrade.

Official confirmation would however still be appreciated - it does annoy me when companies fail to address repeated requests on forums, especially when they had previously assured that they would make it

compatible upon public release.