Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Object Not Scanned - Info Anyone?

Options
Topdoggg
edited March 2008 in Malware talk

I just ran a deep scan and came up clean with the excption of this"

Objects that were not scanned:Object Name Reason Final Status

C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-524789116-2303561113-3654469584-1000\$RN1G5R7.exe=](ZIP Sfx s)=]SETUP.WZ=]WINZIP32.EX_ Password-Protected No action was possible

Does anyone have any idea what this may be? Is it just a leftover from a Winzip install or something more sinister? :ph34r:

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• By the looks of it, it's just as you said, remnants of a WinZip installation kit. If you really wish to, attach the file $RN1G5R7.exe and I'll take a look at it.

• Niels
    Options

Dear Topdoggg,

To be able to see the hidden folder you have first navigate to start,my computer go to the tools menu,folder options,display/view,uncheck hide system protected operating system files confirm the warning and check also show hidden files and folders and press apply.

Best regards

Niels

• Thanks for the replies. I have been away for a while so sorry for the delayed response. I was not able to find this file even after changing the folder view permissions but I think I may have emptied my recycle bin. Either way, I've run a deep scan and Bitdefender found nothing and my system seems to be running OK so I'll go with - it's part of Winzip installation leftovers.

Thanks for all the help.