Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Asus Router Admin Page Barely Loads

Options

Dsclaimer: I'm not sure whether it Firewall or Antivirus fault, so please move this thread to the proper forum.

Seems that my Bitdefender Total Security (ver. 17.19.0.831) makes almost impossible to access new ASUS RT-N65U router admin page at 192.168.1.1. Pages are loading veeery slooowly. It can take 15 minutes to load each next page.

Why I suspect Bitdefender?

1. Another Windows 7 32bit SP1 with the same Bitdefender product, but an early version (last updated on spring-summer 2013) does not reproduce the problem - admin page opens in few seconds. Actually the older Windows is a half year ago backup of my main Windows, and I did not install any additional security software to the main Windows since then, except for update of Bitdefender.

2. My previous ASUS 500gpV2 router has got admin page at the same IP, but I did not experience such problems with it.

3. Once I managed somehow to get admin pages openning fast. It happened after I disable everything in Bitdefender settings and then add 192.168.1.1 to Adapter Rules trusted list. Unfortunately, after enabling the security the problem returned. Now I even don't have an option to manage Adapter Rules cause there are no adapters in the list.

Could you advise how to solve the problem?

Don't hesitate to ask should you need any further information.

Comments

• My IP is banned on Bitdefender forum. Have to write from phone.

Incredible customer support! :)

• Georgia
    Options

@ andreyzip

Thank you for reporting this issue.

I checked the IP you used when you made the first post of this topic and is not banned, nor part of a banned IP range. Could you please tell us the IP you have when you see the restriction message on our boards? We will make sure to whitelist it if it's banned.

As for the router issue, I see this model comes with Firewall & Access Control. Please turn off the Firewall that comes with ASUS RT-N65U router then check if everything is back to normal.

If the issue persists:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Manage adapters" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set :

* Network type to Home/Office

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to YES and click Close.

- click on Settings > Adapter Rules > Add Zone and enter the router's IP address: 192.168.1.1 > OK > Close

Let me know how everything went. I look forward to hearing from you!