Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Use Trusteer Rapport With Bitdefender Internet Security 2013

Hi there

I am new here so I hope this post is in the right place etc. I have searched for help with my "Rapport" issue but have not found what I consider to be a concise and easy solution.

I am running BitDefender Internet Security 2013 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. I need to use Trusteer Rapport on a my PC too. I installed Rapport and the first time I visited a site that it wanted to work on, I had a BitDefender 'Critical error' message (at least I think that's what it said, and also something about a problem with BDAgent.exe?

I was concerned about this and decided to remove Rapport from my PC until I found out what was going on. There seems to be a conflict with Rapport running alongside BitDefender. I should mention that the way I removed Rapport was by using a backup image and restoring my PC back to before I installed Rapport - so I can confidently say that there is no longer any trace of Rapport on my computer.

I visited the Trusteer Rapport site and the only help they had was illustrated with a very old BitDefender version (2009 I think it was) and the screengrabs and instructions didn't seem to align very well with my 2013 version of BitDefender. I have also searched here but have not found a comprehensive and easy to understand method of ensuring that I don't compromise my system by using Rapport. I am not overly-technically-minded and would rather not have to go into very complicated steps to fix the problem if possible (such as registry-editing etc) to solve my problem.

I would be most grateful if someone has experience of the above issue and has a simple and tested method that gets around any conflicts between BitDefender and Trusteer Rapport. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Tom

Comments

• I can't offer up any suggestions as I don't use Rapport myself. However, have you checked out SafePay yet? It is a secure browser environment that comes with BDIS for use with sensitive data such as internet banking and ecommerce transactions.

• I can't offer up any suggestions as I don't use Rapport myself. However, have you checked out SafePay yet? It is a secure browser environment that comes with BDIS for use with sensitive data such as internet banking and ecommerce transactions.

Hi antikythera

Many thanks for the post and suggestion.

I am aware of SafePay but would prefer to use Rapport if possible because it's the security program recommended by my bank and other sites I use, and I feel that if I use their suggested method of security then it would be the best option.

Thanks

Tom

• Hi TomTm,

Sorry to hear you’ve encountered issues running Rapport alongside BitDefender.

Our Technical Support Team is available 24/7 via mail or live chat and would be very interested in investigating this issue.

Please contact us at support@trusteer.com, or click here.

Ayala,

Trusteer Technical Support

• TomTime
    TomTime ✭✭
    edited October 2013

Update:

I thought that my latest information regarding my concerns with Rapport & BitDefender may be useful to post on here as I have since had contact with a very helpful member of the Trusteer staff.

As suggested, I contacted Trusteer and explained the issues I had had when trying to install and use Trusteer Rapport with BitDefender Internet Security 2013.

I explained that upon running Rapport I had received a pop-up message from BitDefender which basically said that there had been a 'Critical Error' with BitDefender and that the file called "BDAgent.exe" seemed to have the issue.

Trusteer Rapport said their product was fully compatible with BitDefender and that the error message was a False Alarm regarding a legitimate part of Rapport and that there is nothing to be concerned about. The person further explained that some security products falsely recognise Rapport as malicious because it hasn't been added to their list of legitimate programs.

I also asked that is that was the case how I would know that Rapport was running properly after such a warning message. It was suggested that I followed a link which went to a page which basically said that if the Rapport icon was green in the browser address bar then it was working okay.

I then asked how I would know that the BitDefender program was working properly after such a warning message. I was then advised to contact BirDefender website/support and ask how to do this. I am not sure if there's any certain way, after a Critical Error warning, to do this?

So, the conclusion is that the behaviour I originally explained is nothing to be concerned about - but I must confess that I am still a bit puzzled about the whole situation. I am not sure exactly how I would ascertain (after receiving the Critical Error for BDAgent.exe message from BitDefender) that BitDefender has not been compromised at all?

I guess there are still aspects of this that I don't feel 100% about. When it comes to an anti-virus program and financial-security program having some issues when both are installed, how can you be sure both are working to their fullest functionality.

I would still be very interested to hear from anyone who has had similar experiences to mine, just for peace of mind really. I know that I could use BitDefender's SafePay utility but because the financial institutions I deal with want Rapport to be used I would rather find a full solution (if there is one!!)

I should maybe mention that in the past when I used to use AVG for anti-virus protection (the paid-for version, not the free one), I had no issues with program conflicts between AVG & Rapport.

Sorry for the long post but I presume I am not the only user who has had this issue?

Thanks to all who have read my post.

Tom.