Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What Is The Difference Between Bitdefender Total Security 2013 And Bitdefender Windows 8 Security?

Options

I'm having a really hard time figuring exactly what differentiate these two version of BitDefender.. The website itself doesn't really help much either as the entirety of BitDefender Windows 8 Security is not a part of the comparison page at all for some awkward reason.

I'm going to install BitDefender on two dedicated Windows 8.1 Pro systems and I need to decide if I should go with one or the other. I've got a discount voucher working for both so they'll be the same exact price so it all boils down to whichever version is the safest and most efficient one.

One would think that a dedicated version optimised for Windows 8 would be the way to go, but the lack of any detailed information in regards to what exactly separates the Windows 8 Security and the Total Security packages makes it almost impossible to make a valid comparison of the two. And to m it might actual look like the Total Security version is receiving more updates and developer love compared to the Windows 8 Security version so for all that I know the Total Security might even feature improved Windows 8.1 support compared to it's Windows 8 Security counterpart.

Do anyone posses some information in regards to what actually separates these two different SKU's? And do anyone of the support to run on any Windows Server 2012 R2 (Windows 8.1 Server versions) installation?

Comments

• RobR
    Options
    I'm having a really hard time figuring exactly what differentiate these two version of BitDefender.. The website itself doesn't really help much either as the entirety of BitDefender Windows 8 Security is not a part of the comparison page at all for some awkward reason.

I too would love to know this. The confusion about these versions is making me think I'll not bother and just renew Kaspersky.

• lonewolfs
    Options

Hello Everyone,

I had asked this same question a year back but it hasn't been answered since then. What exactly is the difference between the two products. It would be great if Christian or someone else from the team can answer that up. My subscription is about to expire and I wanted to make a proper informed decision as to which suite would I need.

One that I know is Windows 8 Security scans the apps proactively while Bitdefender Total Security does not. But besides that? A proper side by side comparison would be great.

One more thing i noticed is that the Bitdefender Total Security has a 'Photon' (improved) lineup. I didn't see this for Windows 8 Security.

Thanks