Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bts And Ie In Task Manager

Options
fretless
edited October 2013 in General

i have BTS 2014 and Windows 8.1 x64 installed.

every time I open an explorer window, after closing them they always remain active in the task manager, as attached

If, for example, I open 10 internet explorer Windows, 10 icons will be present in the task manager!

Is this normal? happens to you? does not happen with Firefox

wq2tzpC.jpg

Comments

• i've installed other AV suiter for trial,and this issue not happen.it happens ONLY with BTS.

• fretless
    edited October 2013
    Options

some users can tell me something?it happens to you?

• dbrisendine
    Options

This does not happen on my system. (Win7 Ult SP1 x32) That being said, I have noticed that there does seem to be a lot of issues with Win8.1 and security software (any vendor; it seems none have had a 100% success rate with Win8.1). Did you update (upgrade) from Win8 to Win8.1 with Bitdefender installed at the time?

• I have this issue. I am running Win7 ultimate 64bit. I think this is a 64 bit problem. does your desktop lockup? mine does. after closing ie stop those extra 32bit processes to unlock your desktop. I did not relate this problem with BD because I have had BD for a few years and this thing stated two weeks ago. I am not sure what the cause is. I know that it shows up after opening your 3rd ie tab. ie 64 and 32 have to run together for compatibility. I am still looking for a fix for this. May have been an MS update???

• fretless
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This does not happen on my system. (Win7 Ult SP1 x32) That being said, I have noticed that there does seem to be a lot of issues with Win8.1 and security software (any vendor; it seems none have had a 100% success rate with Win8.1). Did you update (upgrade) from Win8 to Win8.1 with Bitdefender installed at the time?

no.i've made a clean installation of W 8.1

i've tried many AV,and this happens only with BD.

• I have this issue. I am running Win7 ultimate 64bit. I think this is a 64 bit problem. does your desktop lockup? mine does. after closing ie stop those extra 32bit processes to unlock your desktop. I did not relate this problem with BD because I have had BD for a few years and this thing stated two weeks ago. I am not sure what the cause is. I know that it shows up after opening your 3rd ie tab. ie 64 and 32 have to run together for compatibility. I am still looking for a fix for this. May have been an MS update???

i think this is happens only to x64 system.

I do not know if this is a real problem, but the important thing is that there are no consequences on the sistem.waiting a response from some technical

• Does your desktop icons lock up? I asked because I want to know if it is the same problem I have.. I have to shut down those extra ie 23* processes to regain use of my desktop

• Does your desktop icons lock up? I asked because I want to know if it is the same problem I have.. I have to shut down those extra ie 23* processes to regain use of my desktop

no,this not happens to me.i have Windows 8.1

still waiting some answer from BD experts

• as usual,no reply...

is anybody in there?

• Hello,

If you talk about internet explorer, it is normal to have several open process (at least 2). The number of process depends on the number of tabs that are open in IE.

OUg4ZH.png

When you close Internet Explorer, the process must also be closed.

These processes are independent of Bitdefender.

• some users can tell me something?it happens to you?

This issue seems unique to Windows 8.1 as I had the same issue.Closing internet explorer browser window does not clear from task manager,and if you open internet explorer again,everything is doubled and it can steadily increase depending on how many times you open and close the ie browser window.AT last check I had 10 ie and 10 ie32bit open in task manager with browser window closed and a 38% memory load versus a memory load of under 20% upon a fresh reboot.Only way to clear it from task manager is to reboot the system.I know with new os's there are always issues with software at the outset.I will always fault Microsoft for this as they aren't fully cooperative and open with developers.I am sure it will be fixed eventually.I will switch back to what I had been using until the issue has been fixed.It's not necessarily a 64bit os issue as I do not have this issue on my wife's Win7x64 machine with Bitdefender.

• I don't get that (same OS and BTS) running IE11

I get one instance of IE, and it expands or contracts as a sub-instances of IE as I open or close them.

Each shows the site icon and a text description of the site's page I am on.

post-105988-1382892739_thumb.jpg

• I don't get that (same OS and BTS) running IE11

I get one instance of IE, and it expands or contracts as a sub-instances of IE as I open or close them.

Each shows the site icon and a text description of the site's page I am on.

post-105988-1382892739_thumb.jpg

Check under Background processes?what do you see now.I have contacted others and have been able to replicate this on each and every 8.1 system it has been tried on.

• Check under Background processes?what do you see now.I have contacted others and have been able to replicate this on each and every 8.1 system it has been tried on.

this happens only in background processes,not in apps opened.

i've temporarily unistalled BTS and i've installed Kaspersky.

i've opened 10 Windows of IE,and no background processes of IE after closing the 10 Windows of IE.

this happens ONLY with BD

oOyscOV.jpg

• fretless
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This issue seems unique to Windows 8.1 as I had the same issue.Closing internet explorer browser window does not clear from task manager,and if you open internet explorer again,everything is doubled and it can steadily increase depending on how many times you open and close the ie browser window.AT last check I had 10 ie and 10 ie32bit open in task manager with browser window closed and a 38% memory load versus a memory load of under 20% upon a fresh reboot.Only way to clear it from task manager is to reboot the system.I know with new os's there are always issues with software at the outset.I will always fault Microsoft for this as they aren't fully cooperative and open with developers.I am sure it will be fixed eventually.I will switch back to what I had been using until the issue has been fixed.It's not necessarily a 64bit os issue as I do not have this issue on my wife's Win7x64 machine with Bitdefender.

right.this happens only with BD,with others AV this does not happen.

• Nesivos
    Options

every time I open an explorer window, after closing them they always remain active in the task manager, as attached

If, for example, I open 10 internet explorer Windows, 10 icons will be present in the task manager!

wq2tzpC.jpg

That is one of the numerous reasons I don't use IE. IE opens a new process for each tab. Maybe it was designed that way so that if one tab crashes only its related process closes but IE stays open.

• That is one of the numerous reasons I don't use IE. IE opens a new process for each tab. Maybe it was designed that way so that if one tab crashes only its related process closes but IE stays open.

this is not a problem of IE,but a BD issue.if you installing other AV,this issue not happens.

have you seen my previous screenshot with kaspersky installed?10 Windows of IE open,after closed them,no instance of IE in background processes.

days passing by,and no answer from BD.

• this is not a problem of IE,but a BD issue.if you installing other AV,this issue not happens.

have you seen my previous screenshot with kaspersky installed?10 Windows of IE open,after closed them,no instance of IE in background processes.

days passing by,and no answer from BD.

There is a new build update just released.A change log will likely be posted in a few hours. Will not know whether this issue has been dealt with until that changelog is posted which is usually posted HERE

• There is a new build update just released.A change log will likely be posted in a few hours. Will not know whether this issue has been dealt with until that changelog is posted which is usually posted HERE

Based on the changelog for the most recent build,it's an issue that has not been fixed,much less acknowledged.I realize after all this is a user forum,but i have used other methods for communication to no avail.I will keep it installed on my wife's win7 machine as there is no issue there,but i won't even consider installing it again on my machine unless this issue is fixed.I have installed BDTS on several machines for others,some running win 8.1 and all the 8.1 machines have this same issue.I would rather them keep BD as i believe it is a great piece of software overall,but this is a serious issue in my eyes and i'd hate to have to tell them to install something else.I know i will not renew when the time comes should this issue be allowed to go unattended to.

• ozziebear
    Options

wq2tzpC.jpg

Hi...I also had this issue. It could be a Browser Helper Object (BHO) that is causing the problem. I believe it could be the Bitdefender Wallet that is causing this problem. Here is how I fixed it on my system.

1. Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools (the gear icon).

2. Select 'Internet Options' and then select 'Advanced'.

3. Under 'Browsing' uncheck the box beside 'Enable third-party browser extensions'.

4. Restart Internet Explorer.

This worked for me. Before you do this, close all the running IE processes manually (a pain I know). Please post back and let me know if this worked for anybody.

• Hi...I also had this issue. It could be a Browser Helper Object (BHO) that is causing the problem. I believe it could be the Bitdefender Wallet that is causing this problem. Here is how I fixed it on my system.

1. Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools (the gear icon).

2. Select 'Internet Options' and then select 'Advanced'.

3. Under 'Browsing' uncheck the box beside 'Enable third-party browser extensions'.

4. Restart Internet Explorer.

This worked for me. Before you do this, close all the running IE processes manually (a pain I know). Please post back and let me know if this worked for anybody.

Thanks for your suggestion.I will be sure to give it a try this weekend when I have some time as at the moment I have KIS installed and am waiting for their patch c to be distributed so I can image that before trying another BD install.I will be sure to try what you said and will report back with the results.I also have a few other things I can try should what you reported not work.Thank you for sharing with us.It's appreciated.

Regards,

white chocolate

P.S. Bitdefender needs to hire you.I might actually get a reply to a ticket I've opened

• Just an update to my issues with the program.All is going pretty well since the recent updates and browsers close properly now and no browser processes left running after windows closure in task manager.Thx to the dev team for the ie11/win 8.1 fixes