Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Not Detecting Pup.optional Virus

Options

Bitdefender is not detecting pup.optional viruses at all. This is the 3rd time i scanned with bitdefender and nothing. Then i scanned with malware bytes and it found 5 viruses. What am i paying for bitdefender please fix this.

Comments

• Bitdefender is not detecting pup.optional viruses at all. This is the 3rd time i scanned with bitdefender and nothing. Then i scanned with malware bytes and it found 5 viruses. What am i paying for bitdefender please fix this.

yup. not on my system either. WIN7 64.

Can this be fixed?

• SAME HERE... dont know why bitdefender is not detecting it... 3 pup.optional viruses... ???

• That is normal behavior. Bitdefender and Malwarebytes by design do not detect the same types of malware. For better protection you should upgrade to the Pro version of Malwarebytes which allows it to detect in real time.

• That is normal behavior. Bitdefender and Malwarebytes by design do not detect the same types of malware. For better protection you should upgrade to the Pro version of Malwarebytes which allows it to detect in real time.

So i can use BOTH bitdefender and malwarebytes PRO? some say its not good to have 2 security software and some others say that malwarebytes should be use with an antivirus... IF real time protection for both together is good i will buy malwarebytes pro too

• PNutts3
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So i can use BOTH bitdefender and malwarebytes PRO? some say its not good to have 2 security software and some others say that malwarebytes should be use with an antivirus... IF real time protection for both together is good i will buy malwarebytes pro too

Yes. Bitdefender will tell you it's not compatible. When I opened an incident they finally told me that a "beta user reported slowness". Umm, OK. I and others in this forum run both with no issues. I don't have the link handy but there is a post where someone excluded services to be especially cautious. Malwarebytes certifies their software to be compatible with A/V packages. Malwarebytes is not anti-virus software so when people say to not run two anti-virus programs at the same time they are correct and you aren't. :)

• csalgau
    Options

I'd like to add that while it is true that multiple products can be used, incompatibilities usually stem from having real-time filters interfere with the other product's detection processes.

@win465 If you believe we should be detected something, please submit the sample through our sample submission page. Each developer has their own criteria for adding and removing detection on Possibly Unwanted Programs (PUP). The mentioned third party appears to actively target to differentiate themselves in that area with a more inclusive definition.

@PNutts3 When saying that a third party certifies it's own products against others, please take into account that that is a one-sided process. There is no feedback for this on our side, for example, and future incompatibilities may be introduced as a side effected of product changes.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options

I run MBAM Pro and BD TS together and don't have any consequences of doing so (that I am aware of) although as everyone has different computer set ups my findings may be different to someone else. It may be wise if you want MBAM to have it installed but non-resident and only run a scan with it once every few days,

Link to my post with exclusions.

• columbo
    Options
    I run MBAM Pro and BD TS together and don't have any consequences of doing so (that I am aware of) although as everyone has different computer set ups my findings may be different to someone else. It may be wise if you want MBAM to have it installed but non-resident and only run a scan with it once every few days,

Link to my post with exclusions.

Agreed, nice exclusion list, Rohugh :) Please kindly also consider this: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=208585

:)

• Rohugh
    Options

Yep :) replied to that post.

• myge
    Options

Wow I can't believe this... so with bitdefender, we have to get another antivirus because it just can't detect some pupware! Maybe using the full version of malawarebyte pro with the real time scan would be a better idea than using 2 antivirus on the same system.

• Rohugh
    Options

MBAM does not detect viruses and can be used alongside Bitdefender quite happily or if you want the Pro version they can run together, many here do. BD and MBAM are different programs to detect different malware/viruses.

• daman1
    Options
    MBAM does not detect viruses and can be used alongside Bitdefender quite happily or if you want the Pro version they can run together, many here do. BD and MBAM are different programs to detect different malware/viruses.

^^^Correct...

i have currently BD and MBAM Pro running side by side with real time protection enabled and to date not one conflict issue i've experienced.

• bitdefender told that pup is not a virus

• Rohugh
    Options
    bitdefender told that pup is not a virus

I think this was the post you are referring to - it was an answer to your question. :)

As the name suggests, the detected files are most probably "potentially unwanted programs".

Different security providers have different criteria for this category and whatever the third party product detects might not meet ours (or they might be false positives for that product).

Usually undetected programs falling in this category are at most privacy issues, and they or the program that has installed them, have asked for your consent and linked to their license and privacy agreements. They also usually provide an easy uninstall method.

It is, however, difficult to say that without the actual samples, so please submit the samples to have them checked if you have suspicions.

• I think this was the post you are referring to - it was an answer to your question. :)

yea:)