Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Registration Not Completed

Options

When I attempted to register my newly purchased and installed 3-user Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2014 in XP, I received the message, "Registration was not completed because this PC is not connected to the Internet ...." This seemed odd because all other Internet accessing programs (e.g., Google Chrome) were functioning fine. An option to complete registration offline was likewise unsuccessful, giving the error message, "The license key you have entered is currently used in the product. You cannot register the product twice with the same key." Reinstalling, repairing and updating coupled with deactivating programs that I thought might monitor the Internet and closing Windows Firewall have not helped. My former AVG antivirus software was uninstalled but possibly might somehow be lurking out of sight.

Anyway, now my registration window explains that after entering my license key, "Registration will be completed when this PC is connected to the Internet." But again I receive the reply that, "The license key you have entered is currently used in the product. You cannot register the product twice with the same key."

Other forum posters have reported the same problem, but as yet there have been no answers. I am a Bitdefender fan and am hoping for a solution. Thank you

Comments

• Hello Amac,

Let's try the following:

Open Internet Explorer;

Go to Tools -> Internet Options;

Access the Advanced tab -> Click on Restore Advanced Settings;

Now, browse in the list above the Restore Advanced Settings button and make sure the following are UNCHECKED:

Check for publisher's certificate revocation;

Check for server certificate revocation;

Check for signatures on downloading programs.

Click apply/ok

Then, open the Bitdefender interface;

Run an update;

Restart your computer and check if it persists.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello amac,

Thank you for reporting this registration error.

Bitdefender could not connect to authentication server to validate and retrieve the parameters of the license key, therefore is treating it as a trial version key. Once Bitdefender will be able to connect to internet, the license key will be re-validated and the number of days left corrected.

If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, I'd like to try out a few things which should solve the registration issue you are dealing with:

1) Please try connect to a wired network instead then update Bitdefender. Plugin the internet cable directly in the PC and if the issue persists, please check if your router comes with a Firewall and disable it.

2) Open Bitdefender, go to the Update panel and hit Update Now.

3) If the issue persists open a command prompt window:

Go to Start > Run > type cmd then hit Enter

Now enter the following commands hitting Enter after each one:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

Ipconfig /renew

Then try again to register Bitdefender using the same key and update the product.

4) Go to the Start button > Run > type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter again on your keyboard.

Right-click on your Internet connection (Local Area Connection, Wireless Area Connection, etc.) and go to Properties;

Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) entry, in the new window put a checkmark under: Obtain DNS server address automatically and hit OK.

Some Internet Service Providers are using only Manual DNS Settings. If this is the case, please select the option Use the following DNS Server addresses and fill in the Preferred and Alternate DNS Servers provided by your ISP.

Update again Bitdefender and check if the license key is correctly validated now.

I'm fairly confident the above solution will solve the issue you reported, but should you require further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

• Hello amac,

Thank you for reporting this registration error.

Bitdefender could not connect to authentication server to validate and retrieve the parameters of the license key, therefore is treating it as a trial version key. Once Bitdefender will be able to connect to internet, the license key will be re-validated and the number of days left corrected.

If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, I'd like to try out a few things which should solve the registration issue you are dealing with:

1) Please try connect to a wired network instead then update Bitdefender. Plugin the internet cable directly in the PC and if the issue persists, please check if your router comes with a Firewall and disable it.

2) Open Bitdefender, go to the Update panel and hit Update Now.

3) If the issue persists open a command prompt window:

Go to Start > Run > type cmd then hit Enter

Now enter the following commands hitting Enter after each one:

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

Ipconfig /renew

Then try again to register Bitdefender using the same key and update the product.

4) Go to the Start button > Run > type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter again on your keyboard.

Right-click on your Internet connection (Local Area Connection, Wireless Area Connection, etc.) and go to Properties;

Double-click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) entry, in the new window put a checkmark under: Obtain DNS server address automatically and hit OK.

Some Internet Service Providers are using only Manual DNS Settings. If this is the case, please select the option Use the following DNS Server addresses and fill in the Preferred and Alternate DNS Servers provided by your ISP.

Update again Bitdefender and check if the license key is correctly validated now.

I'm fairly confident the above solution will solve the issue you reported, but should you require further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

• Hello Georgi,

I do have the same problem as AMAC (Win XP) and unfortunately all of your nstructions didn't resolve the problem.

The only thing I could't do is disabling the router's firewall (O2 Homebox 3232) because I simply don't know how to do it. On the other hand I don't expect this would help, because the registration on my other computer (Windows Vista) run without any problem.

Do you have another advice?

Thanks

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi fragezeichen,

Thank you for reporting this situation.

To disable the router firewall: in the routers GUI go to Home > Toolbox > Firewall > Configure > select "disabled" and click "Apply". If these steps don't help, please check the router manual, you should find the necessary information in there.

If the issue persists, just register Bitdefender as a trial version and link the product to your MyBitdefender account. Here's how:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=178789

After that, bring up the Bitdefender interface > click on MyBitdefender in the upper right corner > Dashboard > locate the name of your device and click on it > click the green button More Info > next to Product registration click the Start button and enter your Bitdefender license key, then hit Submit.

Let me know how it goes, thank you!