Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 7 Install Hanging On New Machine

Options

I just built an Intel i7 with a Sabertooth moboard. New Seagate 1T harddrive. Windows 7 64bit loaded OK and everything seems to work. I downloaded Total Security and the installer hangs up where it says scanning 1% Downloading 0% and Installing 0%. No error messages or anything. I let it set there for an hour with no response. I've tried several times and it does the same thing. This has been holding me up for the last three days. If I can't get it running I hope I can get a refund.

Comments

• I just built an Intel i7 with a Sabertooth moboard. New Seagate 1T harddrive. Windows 7 64bit loaded OK and everything seems to work. I downloaded Total Security and the installer hangs up where it says scanning 1% Downloading 0% and Installing 0%. No error messages or anything. I let it set there for an hour with no response. I've tried several times and it does the same thing. This has been holding me up for the last three days. If I can't get it running I hope I can get a refund.

Although i am sure you have already done so,have you run windows update and installed every update it has listed?

• I ran windows update several times. I'm doing a chkdsk on the physical drive, but I doubt the drive has any bad sectors. I wonder if I have to download a proprietary 64 bit version or if the installer takes care of that?

• I ran windows update several times. I'm doing a chkdsk on the physical drive, but I doubt the drive has any bad sectors. I wonder if I have to download a proprietary 64 bit version or if the installer takes care of that?

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...r_ts_17_64b.exe for your 64bit bd install

• OK I'll do that when the chkdsk finishes running and lets me back on. So if the windows download link they gave me won't work for 64 bit, why don't they tell you that on the download page or the email they send when you buy it??

• OK I'll do that when the chkdsk finishes running and lets me back on. So if the windows download link they gave me won't work for 64 bit, why don't they tell you that on the download page or the email they send when you buy it??

The download link they gave you should have automtically downloaded the 64 bit version,but for whatever reasons,some people prefer the offline full version installer.

• The 64 bit download is a large 415 Mg file. The download fails every time before I can get it all.

• Try again, I got it easily.

• also in addition to trying again, if you have Internet Download Manager or any other Download Manager installed try temporarily disabling it. Too many connections at once to the server may cause it to terminate early depending on the server policy.

• snperry85
    edited November 2013
    Options

Not to hijack this thread but I'm having this exact issue. I too just built a brand new gaming pc. Intel I7-4770k, ASUS Sabertooth Z87 motherboard, Corsair Vengeance 16gb ram, Sapphire Radeon HD 7970, samsung 128gb SSD, Seagate 3tb HDD, Intel dual band wireless card ac7260 Win 7 Ultimate. And the new bitdefender total security will not install for anything.

And the cause of the problem is ..... AI Suite III .... which needs to uninstalled to install bitdefender. But can then be reinstalled and needs to be added to the exceptions list in order for both programs to play nice.

• Georgia
    Options

@ Rinker

I see you've already contacted customer service regarding this issue. Please reply to ticket ID 201310301036241 if you need further assistance with the Bitdefender installation.

@ sperry

There is a software incompatibility between Bitdefender and Ai suite 3 by Asus. Also, we confirm that we have already contacted Asus in regards to this matter, as the issue is from their side.

We will add in the future an incompatibility message during the Bitdefender installation, to let our customers know that Bitdefender can not be installed or won't work properly if the Asus suite is present on that system.

• @ Rinker

I see you've already contacted customer service regarding this issue. Please reply to ticket ID 201310301036241 if you need further assistance with the Bitdefender installation.

@ sperry

There is a software incompatibility between Bitdefender and Ai suite 3 by Asus. Also, we confirm that we have already contacted Asus in regards to this matter, as the issue is from their side.

We will add in the future an incompatibility message during the Bitdefender installation, to let our customers know that Bitdefender can not be installed or won't work properly if the Asus suite is present on that system.

That's very unfortunate. Please keep us updated, once the Asus Suite 3 is compatible with Bitdefender Internet Security, so I can install product that I paid for.

• Georgia
    Options

Thank you for your message. I will now close this topic. All further announcements regarding AI SUITE III by Asus and Bitdefender will be posted here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=50739

This discussion has been closed.