Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Standalone Vs Bitdefender New Edition Total Security Safepay

Options

My understanding is that the Safepay standlone has the scans feature that would scans browser for malware when first launch. Why doesn't Bitdefender New Edition Total Security have it. Everytime I ask this to the tech people the answer I get is that they made Safepay standalone this way and Total Security just encrypt the data you entered. The answer I was hoping to hear was to why Total Security Safepay doesn't have the scans feature. Does anyboy know why. I think all Safepay should have scans feature beside encrypting your data for extra security layer, but no one is giving a direct answer.

Comments

• My understanding is that the Safepay standlone has the scans feature that would scans browser for malware when first launch. Why doesn't Bitdefender New Edition Total Security have it. Everytime I ask this to the tech people the answer I get is that they made Safepay standalone this way and Total Security just encrypt the data you entered. The answer I was hoping to hear was to why Total Security Safepay doesn't have the scans feature. Does anyboy know why. I think all Safepay should have scans feature beside encrypting your data for extra security layer, but no one is giving a direct answer.

Good luck getting any kind of answer.

Jerry

• My understanding is that the Safepay standlone has the scans feature that would scans browser for malware when first launch. Why doesn't Bitdefender New Edition Total Security have it. Everytime I ask this to the tech people the answer I get is that they made Safepay standalone this way and Total Security just encrypt the data you entered. The answer I was hoping to hear was to why Total Security Safepay doesn't have the scans feature. Does anyboy know why. I think all Safepay should have scans feature beside encrypting your data for extra security layer, but no one is giving a direct answer.

Since none of their tech is answering my questions, they couldn't careless about it hows long we bought their product. You're right about getting answer from them.

• jerm13
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Since none of their tech is answering my questions, they couldn't careless about it hows long we bought their product. You're right about getting answer from them.

I asked whether or not the Safepay included in BD IS was the same as the stand alone premium Safepay. Also if it protected when on an unsecured WiFi. Here is the answer I received from Support.

Quote: Connecting to Wi-Fi in your home, airport or in a coffee pub? Bitdefender

Safepay™ ™ shields your network from unauthorized access and ensures your

data safely reaches its intended destination.End Quote from Bogdan Niculcea - Bitdefender Technical Support Engineer

Hope this helps. Also that it is not against BD forum policies to quote them.

Jerry

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    My understanding is that the Safepay standlone has the scans feature that would scans browser for malware when first launch. Why doesn't Bitdefender New Edition Total Security have it. Everytime I ask this to the tech people the answer I get is that they made Safepay standalone this way and Total Security just encrypt the data you entered. The answer I was hoping to hear was to why Total Security Safepay doesn't have the scans feature. Does anyboy know why. I think all Safepay should have scans feature beside encrypting your data for extra security layer, but no one is giving a direct answer.

The scanning feature is different. Standalone version uses the 60 seconds scanner, which is not necessary on the Total Security which sports multiple protection features.

In short: AV protects the entire computer. Safepay standalone is not an AV, this is why incorporates a scanner itself to ensure no malware is present in memory for the Safepay session duration.

Does this answer to your questions?

Cristian

• The scanning feature is different. Standalone version uses the 60 seconds scanner, which is not necessary on the Total Security which sports multiple protection features.

In short: AV protects the entire computer. Safepay standalone is not an AV, this is why incorporates a scanner itself to ensure no malware is present in memory for the Safepay session duration.

Does this answer to your questions?

Cristian

Yes, I am more satisfied with your answer. Thank you. This is exactly the answered I am hoping to get from someone, answered with detail.