Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

More False Positives With Program Set-up Files

Options

Hi Everyone,

BD anti-virus 2008 has given me more false positive generic Trojan alerts , from downloaded program installation files , that are on my Win XP pro computer .

These files have been on my computer for months, and last week BD decided they were Trojans.

Notepad++ ,npp.4.4.Installer.exe , was classified as a Trojan.Generic.119419 , and Revo un-installer, revosetup.exe , was classified as a Trojan.Generic.124590 . I'm attaching both files .

I tested both of these files, on a on-line virus scan , at http://virusscan.jotti.org/ and unfortunately Bit-Defender was the only malware scanner that gave false positives for these files . It said : "(Note: this file was only classified as malware by scanners known to generate more false positives than the average scanner. Do not consider these results definitely accurate. Also, because of this, results of this scan will not be recorded in the database.) .

I hope BD support can correct this on going false positive problem with BD anti-virus 2008 .

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1772" data-fileid="1772" rel="">npp.4.4.Installer.zip

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1773" data-fileid="1773" rel="">revosetup.zip

Comments

• vlad
    Options

They are both false positives indeed; they will disappear after the next update. Thanks!

• TheWatcher
    edited April 2008
    Options
    They are both false positives indeed; they will disappear after the next update. Thanks!

A couple of Windows hot fixes from the Windows Update site do the same.

i'll dig 'em up and let you know which ones.

That's in BD10 by the way, not sure about the 08 line.