Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help! Stuck In Rescue Mode

Options

Hi, I'm using Bit Defender Antivirus Plus 2014 on Windows 8 and I entered rescue mode to perform a virus scan and everything went ok, but now rescue mode comes back every time I turn my laptop on. The only way I can get back to Windows is to press F10 during boot and choose the correct boot device.

Strangely, if I choose "Restart" on Windows 8 then Windows restarts normally, but if I turn the computer off then Rescue Mode comes back at boot again.

What can I do to get out of this loop? P.S: I went back to Rescue Mode and chose "Restart", but the computer didn't restarted, so the only option to get outo of Rescue Mode is to choose "Shutdown".

Thanks

Rogerio

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello Rogerio,

Sorry to hear about that.

A quick fix for this issue is a system startup repair with your original Windows DVD. You should be able to enter Windows normally afterwards.

Please let me know if you need further help, thank you.

• Hello

My computer has no DVD slot, but that doesnt matter now because I managed do fix it using EasyBCD. I had to erase the "Windows Boot Manager" menu entry and make "Windows 8.1" the default entry. Now everything is fine again. But I'll never use Rescue Mode again, of course.

Thanks

Hello Rogerio,

Sorry to hear about that.

A quick fix for this issue is a system startup repair with your original Windows DVD. You should be able to enter Windows normally afterwards.

Please let me know if you need further help, thank you.