Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Continuous message

Hello,

after installation and update, the small icon at the bottom right of screen announced that all Bit Defender functions aren't enabled.

When I launch Bit Defender I can see all functions enabled and running, I think I've missed something.

Comments

• Hi Ma Pomme-Tao

To verify if BD is working check if all BitDefender related services are started to check that go to start,run,at the run dialog box type services.msc. After each service that has BitDefender in the name you must find running (started). Otherwise BD isn't active. Take also a look in taskmanagement : by pressing control+alt+del(ete) under processes you must find : bdss.exe,bdmcon.exe,bdagent.exe,livesrv.exe,xcommsvr.exe If all services are running and you will find the processes I mentionned. Then BD is running. You can also try a repair installation put in the installation disc of BD and choose repair.

Regards

Niels

• Hi Ma Pomme-Tao

To verify if BD is working check ...

installation disc of BD and choose repair.

Regards

Niels

Thanks, I'll verify all this to morrow morning on the system of my client.

Regards

Bertrand

• Normally if BD is disabled you will also receive a popup of security center of windows. But that isn't always the case. Hopefully it will work otherwise the best thing to do is a complete uninstall and re-install if the repair option fails. That was gladly done.

Regards

Niels

• Normally if BD is disabled you will also receive a popup of security center of windows. But that isn't always the case. Hopefully it will work otherwise the best thing to do is a complete uninstall and re-install if the repair option fails. That was gladly done.

Regards

Niels

I have also had a problem with products playing up. My Internet Security 10 shows that my Antispam has "expired". This is wrong as I have recently purchased the 2 years for 2 pc's offer. This has happened only after someone from BD said I should turn off my Antispam to avoid the trouble I was having with my Outlook closing down. This Outlook problem is one which BD are aware off but have yet to rectify !

Can anyone shed any light on mu trouble ?

• Niels
    Niels
    edited April 2007

Hi hendry

Antispam can't expire. Only your licence can expire for getting signatures updates. I think you mean that the service has stopped. Try this go to start,run,at the run dialog box type services.msc press enter now restart every service that has BitDefender in the name by leftclicking on them and then choose for restart or start if the service is stopped.

Regards

Niels

• Hi hendry

Antispam can't expire. Only your licence can expire for getting signatures updates. I think you mean that the service has stopped. Try this go to start,run,at the run dialog box type services.msc press enter now restart every service that has BitDefender in the name by leftclicking on them and then choose for restart or start if the service is stopped.

Regards

Niels

Hello,

I've install BD last week-end and immediatly have this problem of something disabled in BD. The key has been register and updates were done during install.

Now, I find registring modified Word file very slow and sometimes get errors when doing it.

When rebooting the laptop, I've also a lot of messages : "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services... has failed".

I disabled launching of DNS services on the system, but messages came back quickly.

Is BD the source of all theese errors ? It's the last thing I've done except of Windows update.

• I don't think that BitDefender is the cause of the problems. Which version (BitDefender Antivirus Plus,Internet Security,BitDefender antivirus) are you using? I am using BitDefender Professional Plus and I don't have any of the problems you describe. Sometimes the service isn't restarted after an update. I think it's more a windows problem or other software that is conflicting.

Niels

• When rebooting the laptop, I've also a lot of messages : "Generic Host Process for Win32 Services... has failed".

The Generic Host Process for Win32 error is a known Windows XP vulnerability that can be fixed with two updates.

See here more details about how to fix it: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread52681.html

This could be the cause of your problems, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using BD 10 IS and I'm not having this problem.

• Can you post your exact OS version? (with SP number if you have SP installed).

To be sure that your svchost.exe is not compromised, insert you OS boot CD, go to run and type cmd press enter and after that in ms-dos windows type sfc /scannow. now windows will scan protected files to see if they are intact.

• The Generic Host Process for Win32 error is a known Windows XP vulnerability that can be fixed with two updates.

See here more details about how to fix it: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread52681.html

This could be the cause of your problems, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using BD 10 IS and I'm not having this problem.

Thank you,

I said my client to make all update from MS but this doesn't solve his problem.

To make the problem easier my client is 200 miles from my place.

Wait and see.

Thanks all

• Can you post your exact OS version? (with SP number if you have SP installed).

To be sure that your svchost.exe is not compromised, insert you OS boot CD, go to run and type cmd press enter and after that in ms-dos windows type sfc /scannow. now windows will scan protected files to see if they are intact.

The system is only two months old, I think it has been set with one of the lastest version of XP and with SP2 too.

• The problem with system file checker is if there is installed a service pack that is newer then the windows installer cd-rom. Then system file checker won't work because the files are newer.

To be sure that it isn't a malware option run this online malwarescanner : http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/ax/ Choose for deep scan. That can take a while to complete.

It could be also a driver conflict to verify this go to start,run,at the run dialof box type devmgmt.msc press enter and look after triangle. If you find any then it's a driver that is conflicting or faulty hardware. Take also a look to the hidden devices by going to view,show hidden devices.

Type at the run dialog box dxdiag press enter. Then save the dxdiag file and see if there are any problems mentionned. Perform also the tests. And look at the results.

• Hi hendry

Regards

Niels

Hi

I have tried what you suggested and it came back with an error. Yes my license seems to have disapeared, don't know why I've just bought it in Dec !!

I have tried speaking with them using the live assist with no joy but have now been told to download the sysdump file ?? and use it to gather info about my system. Where is this about ?

Regards

Hendy

• Hi Hendy

Have you contacted customer service ? If not contact them. Using live chat but selecting customer service. Because they are responsible for the registration issues.

That is to see if there might be conflicting software on your pc and also what you are running. That's why they use the sysdump and other file to gain information. But I am not 100 % sure but it's for gaining.

information.

Regards

Niels

• Hi

I have tried what you suggested and it came back with an error. Yes my license seems to have disapeared, don't know why I've just bought it in Dec !!

I have tried speaking with them using the live assist with no joy but have now been told to download the sysdump file ?? and use it to gather info about my system. Where is this about ?

Regards

Hendy

Sorry, its ok I have the files required now and they have been sent of to BD. I'll let you know how it goes.

H

• More I couldn't give you to try. Because only they can solve your type of problem. Thanks in advance for keeping me informed.

Regards

Niels

• More I couldn't give you to try. Because only they can solve your type of problem. Thanks in advance for keeping me informed.

Regards

Niels

They have issued me a link for a fresh download and asks me to remove Adaware SE as they thought it was interfering !!

So far so good !!

• Strange I am also using ad aware without any problems in conjunction with BitDefender. But the best thing is doing what they say. I speak for my own experience. Thanks for keeping me informed. Hopefully your issue will get resolved very soon.