Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Becky Email Slow Reading Email

Options

Becky churns and churns when reading email. Mostly it fails. Sometimes it is successful reading email. This is new since Bitdefender Total Security 2014 was installed.

Comments

• I'm back with more. Becky is giving me a POP3 error. Is Bitdefender blocking my POP3 port? Is there any way to tell Bitdefender to NOT block certain ports? Comcast email uses some nonstandard port numbers.

Strange thing is that email reading sometimes works. Bad thing is that email reading mostly doesn't work. I know Bitdefender is the culprit, I just don't know how to tell Bitdefender to quit messing with my email.

• Ok, problem is solved. I went to FIREWALL settings. STEALTH MODE was set to REMOTE. I changed STEALTH MODE to OFF. GENERIC was NO. I set GENERIC to YES.

BECKY email reads mail just fine now. Becky sends mail ok too. No more POP3 problems. Kool.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello CommonMan4,

Thank you for taking the time to reply with your results, which may help other customers with the same issue.

Since everything is back to normal, I declare this topic closed.

Have a healthy and good new year!

This discussion has been closed.