Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uninstalled 2014 Plus After Major Issues

Options

Bought BD 2014 Plus AntiVirus to replace Kaspersky.

Installed on Dec 12, noted almost immediately severe slowdowns in Firefox, Thunderbird, Notepad and Explorer.

Noted that home networked PCs (two) in a Windows 7 (64 bit) and XP SP3 no longer could share printers.

Started to exclude many of the BD functions in effort to stop these problems. Made sure that Moz and TBird were in the excluded sections.

All to no avail.

EVEN after all was said and done and BD is gone, I have issues that 'never' existed until now in FF (used for some time way back to early Netscape)

and Thunderbird. Literally have to reinstall a good half dozen applications that ALL worked properly BEFORE 2014 BD.

Did not realize that applications like this still existed where installing them gave over the WHOLE PC to their control (and in this case, destruction

or detrimental effect). Recall some earlier Nortons back in the late 90s did this...

Still trying to fix the damage this not for prime time antivirus did to a well running PC. Buyer Beware!

Comments

• Georgia
    Options

Hello and welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

If you are still dealing with this issue, please post here a support tool log to further investigate the case:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...t-log-1168.html

or

http://bitdefender.com/diagnostic

You may not be able to upload the BDSP_ log resulted on your Desktop here as it is too big so you can put it on www.sendspace.com and post the download link.

Thank you!

• Thank you for responding.

I had to uninstall it, way to oppressive. Not sure why but rather eat the 'payment' than have it kill the system.

Thank you.

• I also had uninstall the 2014 Antivirus Plus this morning (installed on 12/31/13) because both my desktop AND laptop wouldn't boot up this morning (Windows 8.1).

Actually had to go into Safe Mode and uninstall it from there. As soon as I uninstalled Bitdefender both computers started up fine.

The Bitdefender techs had me run their support tool and am now still waiting to hear back from them as to what the conflict could be.

Am using Comoro firewall (always have)... am thinking there may be a conflict there. Used Viper for the past 3 years, but heard great things about BitDefender.

Still interesting why everything was fine for 3 days and all of a sudden there was a problem today. Could be a Windows update (?). Hopefully I hear something soon.

Anyone else have a problem similar to this?

• I also had uninstall the 2014 Antivirus Plus this morning (installed on 12/31/13) because both my desktop AND laptop wouldn't boot up this morning (Windows 8.1).

Actually had to go into Safe Mode and uninstall it from there....... snipped.....Anyone else have a problem similar to this?

I do understand. My personal desktop is running fine 'after' uninstalling and 'cleaning' (as the registry is inundated with additions with BD) BitDefender 2014. I had heard great stories but this brings back early issues (way back in the late 90s) with Norton and how heavy handed it suddenly became.

I always isolate the 'anti-virus', 'anti-hack' software telling each to leave the other alone, so forth. For two years I had Kaspersky installed along with SuperAntiSpyware and MalWarebytes plus MS Defender (which, if not configured correctly, can cause major slowdowns as well, no matter what people say - it handles 'everything!')... Kaspersky was fine, PC ran very well, no slow downs, no sudden stops. It was just the applause for BD that got me to change... what a mess that was.

I tried turning off all other antivirus software and still BD hung my system. Sure glad I never used the other two licenses on my laptops... one is enough. Beware and trace your installs so you can get rid of 'everything' afterwards if a problem comes up.