Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Whats Really Going On At Bitdefender

Options

Carol Ann: 200803261005192 - status of ticket. Going on 3 weeks with same problem.

You are now speaking with Bob of Customer Service.

Bob: Welcome to BitDefender LiveAssistance!, Carol Ann! Thank you for your interest in our security solution BitDefender.

Carol Ann: 200803261005192 - status of ticket. Going on 3 weeks with same problem.

Carol Ann: Havne't heard back since 3/31/08 that's six days ago.

Bob: Please allow me a few moments to verify your ticket.

Bob: Your ticket has been escalated to one of our Tier 2 technical support engineers, that is why the analysis of the situation is taking a little bit longer. I will make a note on that ticket and set it to high priority status.

Carol Ann: I don't understand

Carol Ann: What is Tier 2 and why doesn't it already have a high priority status

Bob: It is a position, higher than that of the people with which you had e-mail contact so far. Our engineer will reply to your e-mail when he will arrive to work tommorow morning (Monday).

Carol Ann: ok, why is it taking three weeks to resolve this? Also, your site was down practically all of yesterday.

Bob: Yes, we are currently relocating our headquarters along with the servers, it is still down for most of our customers .

Carol Ann: I see.

Carol Ann: Does that mean the engineers had to move also?

Bob: Well, i couldn't provide an exact answer regarding why this is taking so long, from what i have seen in the ticket, the issue should have been resolved by the steps sent to you so far, but it did not work that is why the ticket is attributed to a Tier 2 engineer, for further investigation and analysis of the situation.

Bob: We will all move, for now the hardware part is being moved.

Carol Ann: Ok, that answers most of my questions. Thank you.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

From the bolded sentences:

Yes, the servers are down, as Bob said, because they are changing them.

As I understood, there shouldn't be any more problems during next week, but some down-times might re-appear next weekend. (but I don't have 100% certainty about this info).

So there's nothing to worry about. There isn't any attack on the servers (as it was said in other topics), or anything like that. It's just maintenance.

Cris.

• How come no other anti virus companies go down, get this glitchy, during moves?

As icky as NOrton is.. can you imagine what would happen if 60% of their clients all couldnt run their operation at once because they were moving?

• Niels
    Options

Hello babydaryl,

I think that you misunderstood it the update servers were online during the upgrade process of the servers of the bitdefender website and forum. But I agree that it migth be better to saw a mention of it that they were moving to better servers.

Best regards

Niels

• How come no other anti virus companies go down, get this glitchy, during moves?

As icky as NOrton is.. can you imagine what would happen if 60% of their clients all couldnt run their operation at once because they were moving?

It wouldn't make a different if Norton went down, their security solution never functions correctly anyway.

• Only internal use servers and some regional BitDefender servers were down last week. I think our downtime was somewhere around 1h tops. There web hosting companies that have more in a month and you pay a lot money for that.

No update server was down during this process or other servers that could produce any malfunction in BitDefender line of products. Also update servers are located in many countries and mirrored on lots of servers also.