Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Access Quickbooks Online

Hi. I just downloaded Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Safepay is working well with my bank account, but not with my Quickbooks Online. When I try to pull up QBO after logging in, a window pops up and asks me to update my browser in order for it to work. Problem is the only browsers listed are Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari. Can I work around it? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Hi. I just downloaded Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Safepay is working well with my bank account, but not with my Quickbooks Online. When I try to pull up QBO after logging in, a window pops up and asks me to update my browser in order for it to work. Problem is the only browsers listed are Chrome, IE, Firefox and Safari. Can I work around it? Thanks in advance.

From what I see on Quickbooks support page, they say:

Google Chrome (we block anything older than 2 releases past)

I'm not sure why this is so restrictive (it makes sense to drop support for, say, IE8 when there is IE11 already), but that's Quickbooks decision and they may have their own reasons.

Safepay is built over Chromium, but not directly - there is another extra layer called Chromium Embedded - and these two must be kept in sync.

Enough with technical things for now :) - I suppose Quickbooks is looking to the user agent the browser is sending to a website.

For Chrome 31 (latest as of now), this is

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.63 Safari/537.36

Our user agent will contain a version which is less than 31, so I think this is the cause.

Most likely, what you need here is a possibility to define your own user agent string, which will let Quickbooks website to accept connections from Safepay.

Do you think that such an implementation would be useful?

Regards,

Cristian

• From what I see on Quickbooks support page, they say:

Google Chrome (we block anything older than 2 releases past)

I'm not sure why this is so restrictive (it makes sense to drop support for, say, IE8 when there is IE11 already), but that's Quickbooks decision and they may have their own reasons.

Safepay is built over Chromium, but not directly - there is another extra layer called Chromium Embedded - and these two must be kept in sync.

Enough with technical things for now :) - I suppose Quickbooks is looking to the user agent the browser is sending to a website.

For Chrome 31 (latest as of now), this is

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.63 Safari/537.36

Our user agent will contain a version which is less than 31, so I think this is the cause.

Most likely, what you need here is a possibility to define your own user agent string, which will let Quickbooks website to accept connections from Safepay.

Do you think that such an implementation would be useful?

Regards,

Cristian

I just checked back. Thanks for your response. I don't understand how I can define my user agent string. Any tips?

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    I just checked back. Thanks for your response. I don't understand how I can define my user agent string. Any tips?

You cannot, at this time - I was asking if such an implementation could be useful.

(I have discussed this with management, which thinks it is quite a risky implementation - we're trying to make things simpler, not the other way around).

On the other hand, Chrome can release (not to mention Firefox) major updates for whatever reasons they want - not everyone can update at the same pace - including us.

On the other hand, Quickbooks decision to restrict to latest 2 versions simply hammers anything else (I don't see why Firefox 20 is different from Firefox 27, or Chrome 27 from 32... - at least regarding navigation and performing http(s) stuff) in the name of security.

I am currently working on a version based on Chrome 31.

Would you'll be willing to wait for the next version of our product, or the issue is pressing to you?

Regards,

Cristian

• You cannot, at this time - I was asking if such an implementation could be useful.

(I have discussed this with management, which thinks it is quite a risky implementation - we're trying to make things simpler, not the other way around).

On the other hand, Chrome can release (not to mention Firefox) major updates for whatever reasons they want - not everyone can update at the same pace - including us.

On the other hand, Quickbooks decision to restrict to latest 2 versions simply hammers anything else (I don't see why Firefox 20 is different from Firefox 27, or Chrome 27 from 32... - at least regarding navigation and performing http(s) stuff) in the name of security.

I am currently working on a version based on Chrome 31.

Would you'll be willing to wait for the next version of our product, or the issue is pressing to you?

Regards,

Cristian

I can wait. Thanks for all you do.

• I had the same issue & i got its solution later.

This discussion has been closed.