What Does Wallet Do?

I can't seem to figure out the purpose of Wallet.

I have it enabled and use Firefox and Chrome on a Vista PC

I get little pop-ups in the bottom right corner of the screen after I login to websites saying Wallet has secured my login.

However, I don't notice any difference other than those pop-ups. when I return to the websites, my data is not auto-filled. I still have to enter it.

I have the plug-ins enabled (hence the pop-ups saying my logins are secured) but Wallet doesn't appear to do anything.

What am I missing? What is the purpose of Wallet? I thought it was supposed to auto-fill my information in a secure manner, but that doesn't seem to happen.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Could you give an example website on which the autofill function isn't working?

• It doesn't seem to do anything on any website. Examples were I thought it would do something:

1. Amazon.com login

2. My banks online website

3. This bitdefender forum (was thinking it would fill in my username and password)

Is there some website where it does do something? I could try that and see. I am not sure what it is supposed to do. My browser can autofill so that is what I was expecting just in a more secure form. I am wondering if I am expecting something that Wallet doesn't do? I get pop-ups saying that Wallet has secured my login and password. I just don't see it doing anything so I am not sure.

Could you give an example website on which the autofill function isn't working?
  • It doesn't seem to do anything on any website. Examples were I thought it would do something:

1. Amazon.com login

2. My banks online website

3. This bitdefender forum (was thinking it would fill in my username and password)

Is there some website where it does do something? I could try that and see. I am not sure what it is supposed to do. My browser can autofill so that is what I was expecting just in a more secure form. I am wondering if I am expecting something that Wallet doesn't do? I get pop-ups saying that Wallet has secured my login and password. I just don't see it doing anything so I am not sure.

If you click on the "settings" icon on top of the wallet and go to "wallet tweaks" there is a check box for auto log in, hope this helps.

• lakatosi
    edited January 2014

Wallet for me seems to autofill Amazon.com just fine.

Some websites just have such a complicated layout that Wallet has trouble finding out what it should autofill. I suppose that's what's happening on the banking website and forum pages.

Have you tried using the autofill feature for Facebook or Twitter for example? Or Yahoo/Hotmail? They seem to work fine for me.

• I have tried Facebook and Twitter and they don't work for me either. I have an older computer though still running Vista. Wallet just appears to be non-functioning on my computer. Oh well, at least I didn't buy Bitdefender for Wallet.

Wallet for me seems to autofill Amazon.com just fine.

Some websites just have such a complicated layout that Wallet has trouble finding out what it should autofill. I suppose that's what's happening on the banking website and forum pages.

Have you tried using the autofill feature for Facebook or Twitter for example? Or Yahoo/Hotmail? They seem to work fine for me.