Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Free X64 Error Installing

Options

I am trying to install Bitdefender Free x64 in a Win 7 Pro x64 machine.

Each time i try, i get this error message :

There was a problem while downloading one of the files.

After pressing Retry several times, i got a status windows with these two items failed.

• Downloading application files
  • Install files

Any help, please ?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

Sounds as if you have a corrupted download.

Firstly check in your Control Panel>Programs and Features that BitDefender is not listed there, if it is uninstall it.

If it isn't, or if you have done the above, run the Uninstall tool to ensure everything from the previous attempts to download have been removed.

Then try a fresh download.

• Naren
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I am trying to install Bitdefender Free x64 in a Win 7 Pro x64 machine.

Each time i try, i get this error message :

There was a problem while downloading one of the files.

After pressing Retry several times, i got a status windows with these two items failed.

• Downloading application files
    • Install files

Any help, please ?

I got the same error. I have only 1 account & that's admin.

I disabled UAC, restarted the system & the installer worked fine.

Does BD Free conflicts with UAC? Given that BD Free installer conflicts with UAC.

Should I keep UAC enabled or disabled?

• Rabbits123
    Options

I too had problems installing at first, but I ran the setup file as an Administrator (right-click and select "Run as Administrator) and it helped.

• I too had problems installing at first, but I ran the setup file as an Administrator (right-click and select "Run as Administrator) and it helped.

But if the account is an admin account then why the installer needs to be run with rightclick administrator?

If the account is admin account, the installer should run fine with double click, right?

• Rohugh
    Options
    But if the account is an admin account then why the installer needs to be run with rightclick administrator?

If the account is admin account, the installer should run fine with double click, right?

I have that occasionally with stuff and only have the one account as administrator.

I was reading elsewhere on the forums that sometimes problems occur when using the on-line down loader but with the off-line down loader the problems don't happen.

• sjrm
    Options
    I was reading elsewhere on the forums that sometimes problems occur when using the on-line down loader but with the off-line down loader the problems don't happen.

Is there an offline installer for BD Free ?