Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Compatibility With Other Products

Options

The topic description pretty much says it all. Is there a list of which products work with Bitdefender Internet Security? Before I was using Malwarebytes and MC Shield, I've turned off the shield for MBAM but have left MC Shield on for now, not even sure it's necessary. I'd like MBAM on my system just as a second opinion on-demand scanner, if that's the case is there a need to set exclusions? Thanks.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

I run MBAM Pro and the two exist happily together. The exclusions I added are as per below.

post-175392-1389693737_thumb.jpg

• Thanks!

• columbo
    Options

Just a follow up thought, even though many use MBAM Pro without any seeming consequence, as with Rohuhg's case and others here here , Bitdefender's official response can be found here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=151353

My thought would be to use the free version on demand, and/or, get a second opinion from another vendors online scanner.

As far as a definitive compatibility list, I've been gone for awhile and am not sure if that has been provided, other than users feedback on the forum. Yet, I'm sure with Bitdefenders excellent protection history, a supplemental on demand scan once in awhile should suffice. If Christian or Georgia disagree with anything I've posted, they can chime in, as they do moderate what has been posted on the forums.

Kind regards,

Scott

• Rohugh
    Options

With the discussion that has been going on I ran a few "tests" and one thing I immediately noticed is that with MBAM Pro enabled at start-up there was a significant period of black screen after the Windows logo showed, something I had just accepted before. Setting MBAM to not start with Windows cured it and start-up is now fast.

The black screen on start-up is something I have noticed other posts in these forums about, maybe a conflict here between to two programs. I will run without MBAM for now, just running an on-demand scan with it (when I remember).

• columbo
    Options

Nice follow up post and investigative work, Rohugh, may be helpful for others to try in case they have the same issue. I've noticed you've been doing some nice work here, keep it up, it's great to have you here, kudos :D

• With the discussion that has been going on I ran a few "tests" and one thing I immediately noticed is that with MBAM Pro enabled at start-up there was a significant period of black screen after the Windows logo showed, something I had just accepted before. Setting MBAM to not start with Windows cured it and start-up is now fast.

The black screen on start-up is something I have noticed other posts in these forums about, maybe a conflict here between to two programs. I will run without MBAM for now, just running an on-demand scan with it (when I remember).

So you have MBAM "start with Windows" disabled?,,so do you still have it set on real time protection?

i was thinking of getting MBAM, newegg has it on sale right now.

• Rohugh
    Options
    So you have MBAM "start with Windows" disabled?,,so do you still have it set on real time protection?

i was thinking of getting MBAM, newegg has it on sale right now.

Disabling on start-up means that you get no real-time protection, it needs to be running to get that. So, you may as well have MBAM Free. :)

The only thjing I will add at this stage is that Malwarebytes are testing a new version with an open beta. Once it goes to release you will have to pay yearly for the "Pro" version but if you buy the 1.7 version now you will get a lifetime subscription that will transfer through to the 2.0 version - you never know if things will change in the future and you want the full version.

• Right now its lifetime? if you buy it?

• Just thought i would update with my info,i purchased a lifetime copy of MBAM Pro yesterday and have it activated now with real time protection and updates running and so far so good i haven't heard a peep out of BD they seem to be playing nice with each other,will up date if things change.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello all,

As you may already know, during the installation Bitdefender detects any incompatible programs (similar antivirus software mostly) and prompts the users to remove them.

You can see the full list by unpacking the installation kit (with a common archive program) and then opening up extern folder.

Feel free to reply on the topic if you have other questions.

• I run MBAM Pro and the two exist happily together. The exclusions I added are as per below.

Can you explain or post a link how you ad exclusions, i know where to do it i just not sure on where you found them files to click and add them.

• Rohugh
    Options

BD GUI>Settings>Antivirus Settings>Exclusions tab>Exclusions for files (turn on)>Excluded Files and Folders

Click "Add" and browse to Computer>Program Files(X86)>Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Double click to open and add the .exe files I listed one at a time.

I will say at this point that although I ran both together without any seeming problems I decided to not use MBAM real time scanning, I now only have the MBAM Scheduler enabled so it scans every two days.

• Got it thanks! anything in excluded process or no??

• Rohugh
    Options

Nope, but I did add the Bitdefender file (from >programs) to the Malwarebytes exclusions.

• daman1
    edited February 2014
    Options

k :)

• @Rohugh,

question.. when you were running BD and MBAM real time together did you have any problems with BD not letting MBAM execute a schedule update upon PC start of the day??

• columbo
    Options
    Hello all,

As you may already know, during the installation Bitdefender detects any incompatible programs (similar antivirus software mostly) and prompts the users to remove them.

You can see the full list by unpacking the installation kit (with a common archive program) and then opening up extern folder.

Feel free to reply on the topic if you have other questions.

Thanks for that heads up, Georgia :)

To those who may be interested, here is the extern list of incompatible programs Bitdefender looks for upon install:

post-4566-1392259645_thumb.jpg

• Rohugh
    Options

@ daman1. I never saw any problems or conflicts although the computer startup time (black screen showing) was considerably longer when MBAM was running real time.

@columbo. Useful list, thanks for posting it. :)

• Rohugh,columbo.. thanks..

• columbo
    Options

@Rohugh and daman1, you're welcome...what a bunch of polite forum members here ^_^

• denio
    Options

Choosing not to listen to my highly educated dad's advice and attitude about money

• Nesivos
    Options
    With the discussion that has been going on I ran a few "tests" and one thing I immediately noticed is that with MBAM Pro enabled at start-up there was a significant period of black screen after the Windows logo showed, something I had just accepted before. Setting MBAM to not start with Windows cured it and start-up is now fast.

The bad gals/guys love computer users who sacrifice security for speed.