Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Free & Uac

Options

I tried BD Free 64 Bits on Win 7 64 Bits. It was giving error that one file couldn't be downloaded. I have only one account & that's admin. I disabled UAC & tried the installer again & it worked fine.

Does BD Free conflicts with UAC? Given that BD Free installer conflicts with UAC.

Should I keep UAC enabled or disabled?

Comments

• I tried BD Free 64 Bits on Win 7 64 Bits. It was giving error that one file couldn't be downloaded. I have only one account & that's admin. I disabled UAC & tried the installer again & it worked fine.

Does BD Free conflicts with UAC? Given that BD Free installer conflicts with UAC.

Should I keep UAC enabled or disabled?

I have found no conflicts between Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition (v. 1.0.21.1099) and User Account Control (UAC) (within Windows 8). Indeed, there should not be any. UAC warned me about system changes when installing the antivirus (AV), as it's supposed to do, but that was it.

I personally keep UAC enabled because I can tolerate its sparse annoyance (which is totally independent of Bitdefender) and think of UAC as "possibly" another layer of protection.

• I have enabled UAC, no probs yet.