Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Control Over Limited User Settings?

Options

As an admin, I've set BIS to not scan CD/DVD media so it doesn't screw with DVD/BD playback. But on the accounts of my daughters, BIS has "autoscan" set and all of the settings are greyed out.

I'd read elsewhere on the forum that they'd need to be admins to change that, but I can't believe there isn't some way for admin settings to devolve to limited users. What am I missing?

Comments

• I'm still struggling with this and would very much appreciate any insight.

• Same problem here. On the pc are tree accounts.

- Win 8.1 Administrator account (disabled)

- User Account with admin rights (Username: Admin)

- User Account without admin rights

We use the pc only with the user without admin rights. Only on installing software eg. we change to the Admin account. With the normal user account i only be able to change a few options. With the Admin user i can change a little bit more and only with the Administrator account i can change everything. But these changes are only for this account and not for the others.

How can i change the options for limited users?

• There should be an entry somewhere that you wanted to skip scanning. Choose all profiles instead of admin alone. smile2.png

I'd love to see a screenshot of what you're talking about. "An entry somewhere" is beyond cryptic, and I see nothing in BIS about profiles, admin or otherwise.

I've also simply filed a formal ticket. I'm more than a little disappointed in the unacceptable lack of responsiveness of the forum representative/s (is Georgia the only one?). No official response in four weeks?! And I have 567 days left on a 3-device subscription :( .

• Georgia
    Options

Hello everyone,

As I already mentioned before on the boards, if you wish to have full access to your Bitdefender settings on all Windows accounts you need to change a restricted user account type to computer administrator, either temporarily or permanently.

Some Bitdefender settings can not be changed otherwise and there are no workarounds for this, as suggested in one of the above posts.

Thank you for your understanding. :)

• Hello everyone,

As I already mentioned before on the boards, if you wish to have full access to your Bitdefender settings on all Windows accounts you need to change a restricted user account type to computer administrator, either temporarily or permanently.

Some Bitdefender settings can not be changed otherwise and there are no workarounds for this, as suggested in one of the above posts.

Thank you for your understanding. :)

Presuming you're referring to /index.php?/topic/51074-how-do-i-make-changes-from-a-limited-user-account/#comment-205996" rel="">this December post, the solution offered didn't indicate that one could temporarily grant admin access and make the changes, and then switch the account back to limited. No sane person wants his children to have Windows admin accounts because of a design flaw in his chosen AV product.

I remain unimpressed by the lackadaisical speed with which you responded to this post—the solution was rather simple, once more completely explained—but veiling disdain for customers by pretending the question was already competently answered and that they somehow failed in their due diligence in finding the fix leaves $60 worth of sour taste in my mouth.

• This is a big problem. Everyone uses my computer as a limited user and if you insert a CD with lots of files it can take 10 minutes or longer to scan leaving the CD drive almost unusable and extremely slow as all the files are scanned. Please can you find a fix for this. Either the settings set as administrator should affect all users or the limited users should be able to change the setting. Using an administrator account is not an option.

• appeljr
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This is a big problem. Everyone uses my computer as a limited user and if you insert a CD with lots of files it can take 10 minutes or longer to scan leaving the CD drive almost unusable and extremely slow as all the files are scanned. Please can you find a fix for this. Either the settings set as administrator should affect all users or the limited users should be able to change the setting. Using an administrator account is not an option.

Well, there are two solutions.

1) Change all the users to admins. Login to their accounts (I hope you know their passwords), change all the settings you want, and logout. Change them back to limited. I tested it and it works; of course, if you have a three computer license and each computer has four or five accounts that need fixing....

2) Install a competitor's product. This is what I opted to do; this was the final straw.