Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Disabled Itself And Demands Login?

Options

Hello, new poster. I have had free bd for about a month after a repair of my XP install. Took off Avast.

This morning I got a popup but unlike the ones in the other thread, it said bitdefender was DISABLED and that I have to log on to proceed. No warning of expiration or request for registration.

So why would it be disabled? I did not disable it. I did to a Windows update last week, but I don't think it was about malware . . .

I mistrust things that require me to log in and want my email etc.

I don't mind registering to continue my free service, but login is not registration . . . it says I have to create an account. I never needed that before, it just ran.

Any advice?

Thanks,

David Avshalomov

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

The free version does require registration (for free :) ) and I would guess you had 30 days to do that, which has now expired.

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    Hello, new poster. I have had free bd for about a month after a repair of my XP install. Took off Avast.

This morning I got a popup but unlike the ones in the other thread, it said bitdefender was DISABLED and that I have to log on to proceed. No warning of expiration or request for registration.

So why would it be disabled? I did not disable it. I did to a Windows update last week, but I don't think it was about malware . . .

I mistrust things that require me to log in and want my email etc.

I don't mind registering to continue my free service, but login is not registration . . . it says I have to create an account. I never needed that before, it just ran.

Any advice?

Thanks,

David Avshalomov

Yeah, what Rohugh said. Just create a Bitdefender account, and then register. Even us paid users (I have Bitdefender Internet Security) have to create a Bitdefender account. But don't worry. They are careful with your information. They won't spam you or anything. In fact, us Internet Security users get free Identity Theft protection, so you KNOW they aren't going to screw with your information.