Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Day Z Standalone And Bitdefender Not Compatible

Options

Ive just purchased Bitdefender and it seems that the product prevents me from joining games of Day Z standalone.

I've tried turning off every single Bitdefender component and it still won't work but if I uninstall Bitdefender it works fine.

The product appears to interfere with the battle eye service which is an anti cheat system.

I've tried excluding all relevent steam and game and battle eye folders from all AV scanning and set the firewall as open as possible and as I said i've tried turning off every single Bitdefender module and it still wouldnt work and there's no suggestion that Bitdefender has quarantined any files.

Theres clearly some major incompatibility here and seeing as Day Z Standalone is probably the hottest PC game out at the moment I think it'd be in Bitdefenders interest to sort this out asap!

Can anyone offer any tips on how to resolve this other than having to uninstall bitdefender everytime I want to play?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Send in a Sample/Submit form to Bitdefender.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/autom...SampleUploader/

They will hopefully sort it out.

• Send in a Sample/Submit form to Bitdefender.

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/Main/autom...SampleUploader/

They will hopefully sort it out.

Ive no idea what to submit though as i can't see or be sure what its blocking!? :S

• Ok so its definately something to do with the firewall module, I just installed the AV only product and could join games without issue!!

That said I've turned off the firewall in the internet security suite and it still wouldnt let me join the game so im really not sure whats going on there :S

• Rohugh
    Options

I have no problems with games and Steam works without fault for me - I have a number of different games on it.

Day Z standalone is in the Alpha stage isn't it - I looked at it a while ago but decided that until it reaches a solid Beta I would leave it alone and that won't be for sometime yet - so maybe the alpha status has something to do with your problems, maybe?

Try asking Bitdefender via the Support link, only they can look into it further, you can find that link bottom right of the GUI or top right in MyBitdefender.

• Blakey
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have no problems with games and Steam works without fault for me - I have a number of different games on it.

Day Z standalone is in the Alpha stage isn't it - I looked at it a while ago but decided that until it reaches a solid Beta I would leave it alone and that won't be for sometime yet - so maybe the alpha status has something to do with your problems, maybe?

Try asking Bitdefender via the Support link, only they can look into it further, you can find that link bottom right of the GUI or top right in MyBitdefender.

I've managed to fix it!

For the benefit of anyone else who has the same problem....

Go into Application Rules

Add Rule

Browse to c:\program files (x86)\common files\battleye\beservice.exe

Tick all network types

Click OK to add it

I also added the DayZ.Exe and bsservice.exe to the process exclusion list

It should now let you join games!

• Georgia
    Options

Hi Blakey,

Thank you for sharing the resolution with us which will help others facing the same problems to fix it.

I will now close this topic.

This discussion has been closed.