Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Key Activation?

Options

If you purchase a license key and do NOT activate it on a PC is there an expiration time to that key? will it be no good after certain amount of time?

i was thinking of buying another key because i found a good deal on it.

Comments

• Should be an easy question???, Georgia??

• Rohugh
    Options

I would imagine it is valid for the license period starting from the date you buy it whether it is activated or not. After all, if I stop using BD for a couple of months I don't get another couple of months tacked onto the end of the time.

• I would imagine it is valid for the license period starting from the date you buy it whether it is activated or not. After all, if I stop using BD for a couple of months I don't get another couple of months tacked onto the end of the time.

I know that...but the key is not activated,the count down hasn't started.

• daman1
    edited February 2014
    Options

I think i may have answered my own question,thinking back when i got this key(license)i bought it on line i got the email with key the same day but didn't activated till the following day or two and when i did activate it it started counting down that day NOT the day i received the email with the key.

so that tells me it starts the moment you activate it NOT when you buy it correct???

• columbo
    Options
    ----------------

----------------

so that tells me it starts the moment you activate it NOT when you buy it correct???

Yes, that is correct, the count down starts after the install activation/registration of your license key, and not when you purchased it.

• Rohugh
    Options

OK, so if I see a special offer on BD TS keys I can buy it and not activate it until my present license runs out? Sounds good to me. :)

• daman1
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OK, so if I see a special offer on BD TS keys I can buy it and not activate it until my present license runs out? Sounds good to me. :)

Correct,thats what i was going to do or give it to my daughter when she comes home.

But i got two years before i need to worry about it, lol

thanks columbo..

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2014
    Options

Yes, once in awhile Bitdefender puts out a offer to good to pass up. Last July I received a email offer for the AV+ for $14.94 (US dollars), couldn't pass on that one ^_^ I then added that key to my already installed AV+ key, giving me my 365+ days (included the ~20 days I previously had left).

You're welcome, daman1 :)

• Yes, once in awhile Bitdefender puts out a offer to good to pass up. Last July I received a email offer for the AV+ for $14.94 (US dollars), couldn't pass on that one ^_^ I then added that key to my already installed AV+ key, giving me my 365+ days (included the ~20 days I previously had left).

You're welcome, daman1 :)

Oh,,so you can "stack" keys and extend your current subscription?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2014
    Options

lol, yes, I thought you might be curious about that one ;) I would wait until your down in the number of days...just in case (yet tech support could clear up a minor glitch)

Here is a link of what keys are excluded from the merging process (obviously, only like kind keys can be merged, i.e. AV+ with AV+, Internet Security with Internet Security etc): http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=176642

• lol,,right i have plenty of time left on this key,appreciate the info,thanks!

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome :)

I tend to be a bit conservative, so that's why I usually wait until my days are down towards the end. I figure what if I merged ~2 years worth and decided to move to a different vendors product, I could have given the other key (fresh unused one) to a family member or a friend. Also, if a glitch or something happens during the merge and I feel cheated out of some days and have to wait a week or two for support. lol, I know, it seems to be with me, I think the worst case scenarios ^_^

All in all, they usually do merge easily with no problems, as long as a person understands the excluded types that cannot be merged (post#11). I even gave my sister one of my leftover Internet Security keys when her BD IS subscription ran out, she merged it, and now has those days left running on her IS.

Good job, daman1, in keeping up with your thread :)

• Great info, again thank you! :D

This discussion has been closed.