Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

W7 Freezes After Resume From Hibernation

Options
AZMoosie
edited February 2014 in General

Running W7 very cleanly, with all current MS updates applied. For the past week the system freezes coming out of hibernation. No new software had been loaded recently. The last driver started (restarted) before the freeze was Bitdefender file filter gzflt.sys. There have been problems in the past with this driver, so I believe it reasonable to suspect it here. The attachment provides information on my version of Bitdefender Total Security 2014.

Any suggestions?

post-103080-1391978471_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    Running W7 very cleanly, with all current MS updates applied. For the past week the system freezes coming out of hibernation. No new software had been loaded recently. The last driver started (restarted) before the freeze was Bitdefender file filter gzflt.sys. There have been problems in the past with this driver, so I believe it reasonable to suspect it here. The attachment provides information on my version of Bitdefender Total Security 2014.

Any suggestions?

Yes, contact Bitdefender customer support directly. You can set up an email ticket here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html

If you do indeed reach a solution, be sure to post back here what it was. Doing so will help others who may also have this problem.

• Nofish
    edited February 2014
    Options

I have had the same problem and also sometimes it took several times for a successful boot. It started some times after installation of a new Samsung SSD 840EVO drive. I am using windows 7 -64. I reinstalled the OS several times over the past 3 month and came to the concussion the problem has to be the SSD drive that I am now in the process of returning.

This started while running AVG and now also with BD.

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    I have had the same problem and also sometimes it took several times for a successful boot. It started some times after installation of a new Samsung SSD 840EVO drive. I am using windows 7 -64. I reinstalled the OS several times over the past 3 month and came to the concussion the problem has to be the SSD drive that I am now in the process of returning.

This started while running AVG and now also with BD.

Wow. That's quite an issue. :o I didn't think antivirus software could affect Solid State Drives like that.

I wonder if AZMoosie has an SSD. Hey AZMoosie. if you still check the forums, could you please post back telling us whether or not you have a Solid State Drive? Thank you.

• Wow. That's quite an issue. :o I didn't think antivirus software could affect Solid State Drives like that.

I wonder if AZMoosie has an SSD. Hey AZMoosie. if you still check the forums, could you please post back telling us whether or not you have a Solid State Drive? Thank you.

I don't think the AV programs had anything to do with my SST drive problem. At the beginning I suspected it to be a virus since the computer acted all jacked up but non of the AV programs could find anything. So I reloaded the OS and purchased BD full version and a few days later I intermittently couldn't wake it from hibernation. I couldn't find a hardware problem, checked the RAM no problem either. Reloaded the OS and all was fine until it all started again. Reloaded the OS again and all was good until a few days ago when I started to have a booting problem plus some websites couldn't load, got a message from BD that the security certificate was unavailable or something like this.

This whole issue started after I ran a program were the CPU ran at close to 100% for several hours. I think this may have damaged the SST drive. Presently I am running on my old Hard Drive and every thing runs well.

Maybe AZMoosie could have a corrupted Hard Drive and a CHECK DISK from command prompt could fix it. CHKDSK /F

I don't think CHECK DISK works on SST drives.

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    I don't think the AV programs had anything to do with my SST drive problem. At the beginning I suspected it to be a virus since the computer acted all jacked up but non of the AV programs could find anything. So I reloaded the OS and purchased BD full version and a few days later I intermittently couldn't wake it from hibernation. I couldn't find a hardware problem, checked the RAM no problem either. Reloaded the OS and all was fine until it all started again. Reloaded the OS again and all was good until a few days ago when I started to have a booting problem plus some websites couldn't load, got a message from BD that the security certificate was unavailable or something like this.

This whole issue started after I ran a program were the CPU ran at close to 100% for several hours. I think this may have damaged the SST drive. Presently I am running on my old Hard Drive and everything runs well.

Maybe AZMoosie could have a corrupted Hard Drive and a CHECK DISK from command prompt could fix it. CHKDSK /F

I don't think CHECK DISK works on SST drives.

You can Check Disk on flash drives. Those are (technically) Solid State. Besides, a hard drive is a hard drive whether it is Solid State or not. Therefore even they are susceptible to I/O errors, and can be serviced using the Check Disk utility. Besides, why would running your CPU at close to (or even at) 100% damage your SSD?

See, a hard drive is what's called a secondary storage device. It isn't actually part of the CPU. Here's a little flowchart I created in Paint to show you how a computer works:

HowaComputerWorks.png

Since a Solid State Drive is secondary storage, running your computer's CPU at 100% indefinitely should not harm your hard drive in any way, shape, or form. It might wear down the CPU itself, but that's the only thing it could do. But no, you shouldn't have to worry about damage to the hard drive by doing things on the CPU. They are separate entities; not one in the same.

• Nofish
    edited February 2014
    Options

Since a Solid State Drive is secondary storage, running your computer's CPU at 100% indefinitely should not harm your hard drive in any way, shape, or form. It might wear down the CPU itself, but that's the only thing it could do. But no, you shouldn't have to worry about damage to the hard drive by doing things on the CPU. They are separate entities; not one in the same.[/font][/size]

Thanks Captain Obvious, that makes sense.

I answered you in more detail in my thread : Security Certificate, Is it BD or a problem with SST drive Under Firewall