Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Av+ Flash Drive

Options
wptski
edited February 2014 in Antivirus

Got BD AV+ a few days ago.

Tried to set up a custom task on a USB flash drive. I select the drive but when the scan runs it scans my C drive instead! If I right click on the same drive from Windows Explorer, select BD scan, it scans that drive but I have no choice of options using that method. Or is that the only way a USB drive can be scanned?

Comments

• Its the only way it can be scanned. Well i tried the same thing with an usb drive and i can immunize it... didnt know thank you .

• Its the only way it can be scanned. Well i tried the same thing with an usb drive and i can immunize it... didnt know thank you .

I wonder why it allows one to even select a USB flash drive and the path shows up in the log as well?

• custom scan bugs as ###### when my usb drive is in...

• I wonder why it allows one to even select a USB flash drive and the path shows up in the log as well?

your right

Was able to immunize some of my USB drives but one of them didn't allow immunizing????

• Was able to immunize some of my USB drives but one of them didn't allow immunizing????

Is it a newer USB flash drive? Newer ones show up as Hard Disks not removable drives. This change was to make them qualify as W8 compatible. May or may not be the problem?

Yep, that's it! My newer Sandisk Cruzer doesn't show it but my older one does.

• Is it a newer USB flash drive? Newer ones show up as Hard Disks not removable drives. This change was to make them qualify as W8 compatible. May or may not be the problem?

No it's an older one, an error message came back while trying to immunize the drive: An error was encountered while attempting to immunize drive the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

I thought I had formatted it before but now after reformatting I was able to Immunize the drive.