Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Autoscan Does Not Appear To Work

Options
dazjjackson
edited February 2014 in Antivirus

I am running Windows 8.1 and have an issue with Bitdefender Total Security after the last batch of Windows updates.

BD appears to be have all options enabled and all services appear enabled, however when my PC is left idle, Autoscan never appears to start a background scan.

Is there any way to tell if Autoscan is running correctly ? There does not appear to be anything listed in the event log and Bitdefender just shows the last scan as being 7 days ago ?

For reference, BD is at version 17.25.0.1074

Thanks in advance.

Edit : Should have mentioned that I have tried doing a repair install and this does not appear to have fixed the issue.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Looking at my scan log I have an autoscan completed once every 7 days. I also do have a quick scan scheduled for every 3 days and a system scan once a week. I also notice if the security widget is enabled the centre blue arrows are rotating at times so it is working in the background.

• columbo
    Options

Hi dazjack :)

I wouldn't worry to much about it for now, as an exception to Autoscan running are periods of heavy use, in which it will be postponed. Also, if you use the PC for short periods and shut it down, or put it in sleep mode (in which it will not scan). Depending on the size of the drive, the amount of accessed or modified files, can change the scan time.

So have no worries, as you also have On-Access scanning protecting you whenever you access files. You did the repair, I'd just let it go for a couple more weeks then check your scan logs. On this PC, which I use a fair amount (not heavy daily use mind you), my Autoscans are about 1 month apart (image modified to show the 3 Autoscans in the subject box):

BDAutoscandates_zps1cd5df2d.jpg

This thread my be helpful reading: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=151369

:)

Scott

• Thank you both for your replies.

I am new to BD and sort of assumed that the autoscan would run fairly constantly at idle like it did for the first few days after it was installed.

I guess I'll just leave it for now and see what happenes over time.

Thanks again !