Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bsod Related To Bitdefender?

Options

Hello,

I've been a user of Bitdefender for a few years and recently downgraded to Windows 7 and bought a Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 license. Everything has been smooth for a few days until tonight, where I see a BSOD. I start checking the DMP file for details and find the following string;

Check String; IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

Check Code; 0x0000004a

Via google I found this; http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums...atsystemservice

From a forum assistant;

"Hi,

After checking the dump file, I found this error code 0x4A was received, you can refer to Bug Check 0x4A: IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE. The process name is vsserv.exe, which is related to Bitdefender product.

I suggest you update your Bitdefender program or uninstall it to check the result.

Hope this helps."

So I'm obviously assuming this is a Bitdefender thing again, even with the new product?

At the time of the BSOD I was playing World of Warcraft in fullscreen windowed mode, with Bitdefender set to Game Mode. Then I decided to play a music file and VLC and the second it loaded, BSOD.

Also, a bonus side question; when using automatic game-mode, can you turn off the little info box that it's now running game mode? Because when playing in a window or fullscreen window and you go back and forth two monitors, it constantly pops up with "Is now in game mode".

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I had continuous BSOD's with Bitdefender Internet Security. but the file listed in the log that was causing the BSOD was ntoskrnl.exe+75169. The Checkstring and check code was the same as the poster. I had not started using Safepay (I think that it is what it is called), but Bitdefender kept asking. if I wanted to use it. I tried every fix I could find but could not find a fix. I finally uninstalled Bitdefender and have not had a BSOD since. I had almost a year of time left to use the program and I am not sure if I will reinstall Bitdefender if a fix is found. I temporarily installed Microsoft essentials so I would not be without protection.

• nietzsche
    edited March 2014
    Options

Have an old dell laptop, from ebay. I beta tested ESET and it destroyed the hard drive that came w/ it. I had another hdd from a dell I put in there, and it's worked ever since, w/ avast. I recently installed bitdefender IS on it, and it was very slow to boot, and programs/ browsers performed poor, as I said it's old and used. After eset trashing my hard drive, I have been wary of AV's. Bitdefender caused windows to almost not boot,on that dell, the other day, and I think a BSOD, or worse was immanent. I uninstalled, went back to avast, and it runs well, again. Curiously, the only Computer I own that gets along with bitdefender IS, is an old hp desktop, 2 gbs ram, xp, not a lot of programs etc, installed. guess it's hit or miss depending on age, and type of hardware/ computer.