Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is There A Way To Stop A Scan On A Usb Flash Drive

Options
garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 16 GB flash drive that I use as off-site backup to store my data and email files on, some 6,000 or so files. I know that I can disable USB scanning and I try to remember to do that when I insert

this backup flash drive into the computer; however, now and again, I forget and the flash drive takes some 10 to 15 minutes to scan and I can't find a way to stop or cancel the scan.

The USB scan is useless since it is all just data from my scanned computer. I format the flash drive each time before copying my scanned data and email files to it.

Any assistance appreciated. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

You can set up and schedule a custom scan, don't include the flash drive in that scan, then disable the other scans.

GUI>Scan Now>Manage Scans>New Custom Task

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can set up and schedule a custom scan, don't include the flash drive in that scan, then disable the other scans.

GUI>Scan Now>Manage Scans>New Custom Task

Thanks, Rohugh. I am glad it is not just me who couldn't find a "Stop Scan" button for a USB drive.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Thanks, Rohugh. I am glad it is not just me who couldn't find a "Stop Scan" button for a USB drive.

It's not just you. There is no (graceful) way to stop a USB device scan. :(