Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Xvid False Positive

Options

A deep scan reported that the executable for the Xvid codec was harmful and had been automatically deleted. I could not find a way to retrieve it. As far as I am aware, this programme is a codec variation of the DivX codec and is not harmful. I downloaded it off the xvid.org website.

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited April 2008
    Options

Is it still detected?

Maybe it has already been fixed, but I don't get any warnings at this codec, and I've used it since it was released. So either it has already been fixed, either your copy was really infected by something.

If it is still detected, please attach it in an archive.

Cris.

• gvm_j
    Options

Hi Cris,

The file was automatically deleted so it is no longer detected. It stopped the codec from working in WMP and corrupted the decoder configuration programme. I had to download a new installation exe and reinstall it. So far so good, so you may be right about having had an infected executable after all.

For reference, my scan archive says that the culprit was identified as Trojan.Generic.17171

Don't know if that means anything to anyone...?

• alexcrist
    Options

That detection is based on a generic signature, so not too many info is available about it.

Anyway, either that it was really a virus, either that it was a FP (and was fixed in the meantime), I'm glad that everything is OK now. :)

Cris.

• Hello,

the file detected should be useful or a link to the kit which contains this FP. Thanks!