Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Blocks Incoming Icmp Requests

Options
polomora
edited March 2014 in Firewall

Hello,

For some reason, BD has started blocking incoming ICMP / ping requestson my Windows 7 PC from other machines on my Home LAN.

I have checked Settings ->Firewall -> General Rules ->Incoming ICMPv4 / ICMPv6 is set to Allow.

I have also checked that Firewall -> Manage Adapters -> Network Type is set to Home/Office.

I can ping other machines on my Home LAN from the PC.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I have recently configured this PC as an OpenVPN client to access a remote VPN server.

I confirm that the VPN session is disconnected before trying to ping the machine from the other device.

Comments

• I think I found it.

My network was configured as "Public" instead of as "Home network" in the "Network and Sharing Centre" page.

• columbo
    Options
    @jimmyghd it sounds like polomora resolved the issue through Bitdefender's network adapter settings, as those are all Bitdefender Firewall/Manage adapter settings mentioned. Upon install of Bitdefender Internet Security and Total Security, Windows Firewall is automatically disabled (I always check, just to be sure ^_^) and thus it would not come into play. Just a FYI :)