Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Show Scan Log File

Options

Hi all, after Bitdefender completed System Scan (and Quick Scan also) successfully, I wanted it to show me the scan log file, but I met this error:

Capture_zpscfb598ab.jpg

I'm using Bitdefender Total Security 2014. How can I solve this problem? Thanks all.

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi Hoang Tran, and welcome :)

I have tried on 2 different PCs (Win 7 & 8) that are running BD 2014 AV+, and Internet Security 2014, to see if I could duplicate this issue. I did Quick Scans on both and from the immediate Scan Summery result window, selected show log with no issue. I even tried going into Events/Antivirus/click a scan/view log with no problems. This may be an isolated incident on your PC, and since it's a non security issue, if you wanted to wait to see if others have this issue before running a Repair, that's up to you.

Maybe even just try running a BD update, reboot your PC and see if the issue still happens.

Kind regards,

Scott

• Snajdan
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hi Hoang Tran, and welcome :)

I have tried on 2 different PCs (Win 7 & 8) that are running BD 2014 AV+, and Internet Security 2014, to see if I could duplicate this issue. I did Quick Scans on both and from the immediate Scan Summery result window, selected show log with no issue. I even tried going into Events/Antivirus/click a scan/view log with no problems. This may be an isolated incident on your PC, and since it's a non security issue, if you wanted to wait to see if others have this issue before running a Repair, that's up to you.

Maybe even just try running a BD update, reboot your PC and see if the issue still happens.

Kind regards,

Scott

Hi columbo,

My Events window does not show anything, though I did scan several times, and uninstall/reinstall Bitdefender. Still cannot show scan log file and Events/Antivirus still completely empty.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hello :)

Did you previously have an antivirus installed?

If a uninstall tool was not used and also a double check through the Files/Program Files/Program Data etc. of any leftover files, can cause BD to get "glitchie". Even though on install BD looks for any running AVs and asks to uninstall them, leftovers can still cause problems.

• Snajdan
    edited March 2014
    Options

Actually, Bitdefender is the first antivirus program installed on my laptop (running Windows 7 64 bit). I'm not sure if some problem with Windows can cause this.

The fact that Events window not working is quite annoyed, since I cannot track what is going on with Bitdefender.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    Options

Thanks for that information.

If you had uninstalled and reinstalled BD, compared to doing a Repair, you can try a repair....or, you can 1st download the full offline kit here, then uninstall BD ("normally"), restart your PC and use the BD uninstall tool from here. Restart your PC.

Then run CCleaner (free version) in registry mode, and delete only any leftover BD keys, also run it in Cleaner mode. Now right click the saved BD file and run as admin. When BD asks to check for new files, deny it for now, and lets see if you can do a quick scan and show some logs files after the install. Otherwise, run an BD update, then restart your PC (as the update will be big, and require a reboot), and see if things are cleared up.

You shouldn't need to worry about your license Key# as Bitdefender will have that in the registry somewhere, but just to be sure, at the bottom of the main BD UI shows "days left", click on that and write your number down (it can also be found on your Mybitdefender/Products web page)

• Well, I did exactly what you say, but the problem still exists: Scan log file does not show up (Bitdefender encountered error while loading it), and the Events window shows nothing, no record at all.

• columbo
    Options

Thank you for trying, Hoang Tran, I appreciate the effort you've put into this. 7 times out of 10 it works, as it usually involves a original corrupted install file, or corrupted install. This will at least help support bypass these steps, to hopefully find a solution.

This is now out of my skill range, and you would need to wait for Georgia here (or another member), try another avenue though the other customer support options, or open the main BD UI, click Help & Support/Contact Support and enable a support tool log file to be sent to BD support.

I hope this gets resolved quickly for you.

Scott