Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Few Queries

Options

RightClick/Ondemand scan too slow

File detected as malware in archives i.e zip is deleted instead of quarantine.

Ocassional logs button not opening prob.

On detecting & quarantining malware, BD Free changes the default settings of Folder Options i.e "Do not show hidden files/folders" & "Hide extensions for known file types" are unchecked.

Anything is being done for the above probs?

It would be good if there is an ON/OFF option seperately for Webshield.

It would be good if detected files are moved to quarantine instead of in unusable state in the original location.

Any upcoming new release/fixes for Free AV?

Is the development still going on for Free AV?

Couple things that I have noticed during tests.

Sometimes BD mentions that malicious process was blocked but the process is still running in task manager so it seems AVC is not consistent sometimes. Plzz check for this.

Sometimes Webshield blocks a site & if you try the site few times, sometimes it is blocked & sometimes not so it seems Webshield is not consistent sometimes. Plzz check for this.

Comments

• graciliano
    edited March 2014
    Options

I am actually content with Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition's simplicity: Having a button to turn off the Auto Scan feature may be too much for me.

It is true on-demand scans seem slow, but not in an alarming way. Somehow they seem to become faster, in particular, the second occasion I did a full system scan the time diminished to less than half of that from the first occasion. However I often scan with another tool for detecting malware that an anti-virus could miss, e.g., potentially unwanted programs (PUP), confident that at the same time the content is also analyzed through Bitdefender's Virus Shield.

I like the novel quarantine scheme, yet it raises a question because it does no seem to go well with compressed files. The question may be: Would you rather quarantine the whole compressed file? I am sure some developers thought about this a lot.

However, compressed files seem to be the reason for my only minor complaint about this product: the incorrect reporting of infected items detected possibly due to encrypted files.

• Naren
    Options

I mentioned ON/OFF for Webshield. Auto scan is already there.

RightClick scan of few files in a folder is ###### slow. I tested quite a few times i.e app 50 malware file in a folder & it takes app 50 mins.

Yes, deleting files detected as malware in compressed file is worrysome for FPs.

• Naren
    Options
    This looks like an OS issue to me. Can you post your PC specifications on this real quick please? smile2.png

Win 7 64

4 GB RAM

500 GB Hard Disk (300 GB Free)

BD Free

Windows Firewall Defaults