Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Protected Files

Options

When ever I do a system scan the log show 89 files were not scanned because they were password protected.

All these files seem to be Bitdefender files located in c:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\OBK\Lynskey\.cache\f_00004d=>

Is this normal?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Lynsky,

Yes, those files are not able to be scanned and here is the explanation from Christian.

Password protected items are archives or packed installation kits generated by publishers. Usually is better to protect an installation kit with a random password to prevent reverse engineering (in other words, cracking).

Also, backups or personal archives that are protected by a password can not be scanned because an antivirus program doesn't have a local database with passwords.

Even if a malware is present in one of those archives, when the content will be unpacked, it will be caught by the real time protection.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    Options

Do you use Safepay, and have any saved sites bookmarked in Safe[pay, or recently used it? OBK is part of Safepay.

• pedeb
    Options
    Do you use Safepay, and have any saved sites bookmarked in Safe[pay, or recently used it? OBK is part of Safepay.

Thanks. I have just started using Safepay, I have 2 domains listed to start Safepay, and have added then deleted 2 bookmarks. 89 password protected files from doing that seems excessive!

Is that normal?

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    Options

You're welcome :) I'm not sure what happens with those files and with the info and how it's cached. If Georgia of Tech. Support ever stops by, maybe she'll clue us in more. Maybe just keep an eye on it, to confirm it stays about at that amount without any other Safepay inclusions or exclusions.

Otherwise, no worries ^_^

• I dont have any bitdefender password protected files ... ? AND I get these things in my antivirus logs : file: C:\System Volume Information\{66f22a69-9935-11e3- OBJECT was not found....

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi again, Lynskey :)

Just to set your mind at a little more peace, I did a little more digging. My bookmarked password Safepay sites (that I just created) are in the same file (approx as yours) f_00000d with the same amount of password protected "items". Doing a BD right click contextual scan of that file, brought these results:

BDSafpayCacheprotectedfile_zps6ec9d264.jpg

• pedeb
    Options
    Hi again, Lynskey :)

Just to set your mind at a little more peace, I did a little more digging. My bookmarked password Safepay sites (that I just created) are in the same file (approx as yours) f_00000d with the same amount of password protected "items". Doing a BD right click contextual scan of that file, brought these results:

BDSafpayCacheprotectedfile_zps6ec9d264.jpg

Hi columbo,

My 89 password protected files seem to be generated when I scheduled a weekly system scan. When I added a weekly quick scan I noticed I had 178 password protected files.

Then I deleted both scheduled scans and not have 0 password protected files.

Regards

Lynskey