Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable Bitdefender Autoscan

Options

Where do i do that?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

From the GUI, bottom of the window under Antivirus.

post-175392-1394719485_thumb.jpg

• wazzup
    Options
    From the GUI, bottom of the window under Antivirus.

Thanks!

• columbo
    Options
    I don't think that this is recommended. I would suggest to do an auto scan at least once a week. Just time it perfectly that you are not using the computer at that particular time. smile2.png

I agree with leaving Autoscan enabled, as it only works in the background and will only scan when the PC is not in use (i.e. left on, but not in use). It has to many features and benefits to not be left on, IMHO :)

BDAutoscan_zpsf1878d54.png

• daman1
    Options
    I don't think that this is recommended. I would suggest to do an auto scan at least once a week. Just time it perfectly that you are not using the computer at that particular time. smile2.png

I agree if you choose to turn it off schedule a manual scan once a week for sure.

• Nesivos
    Options

I agree if is best to leave Auto-Scan enabled. However for those that want to disable it I would recommend doing a scheduled scan once a week if it is possible to set up using Windows Task Scheduler. I don't know if it is possible but it is worth a try if you really want to dsiable Auto-Scan and have previously messed around before with the Windows Task Scheduler. When I schedule scans in say Malwarebytes those scheduled scans do as I recall show up in Windows Task Scheduler.

However, again I would not recommend disabling Auto-Scan

• wazzup
    Options
    I agree if you choose to turn it off schedule a manual scan once a week for sure.

That's why i want it turned off. I don't wan't it running in the background becuase i have other serious critical processes that's need all the resources they need. I always run my scans manually.

Anyway i want to turn the firewall completely off since i use Windows built in firewall. How do i do that? The Bitdefender process bdfwfpf.sys is running in the background despite i've disabled the Bitdefender firewall in the settings.

• daman1
    Options
    That's why i want it turned off. I don't wan't it running in the background becuase i have other serious critical processes that's need all the resources they need. I always run my scans manually.

Anyway i want to turn the firewall completely off since i use Windows built in firewall. How do i do that? The Bitdefender process bdfwfpf.sys is running in the background despite i've disabled the Bitdefender firewall in the settings.

I'm not sure on the fire wall as my version(PLUS)does not offer firewall,but if you look at Rohugh post above you can turn auto scan off easily.

try a search or another member should be along to assist you with that.

• Rohugh
    Options

bdfwfpf.sys is a driver file so it is probably not a good idea to disable or remove it. Just turning off the Firewall from the GUI as you have done is probably all you are best to do.