Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Since I Can't Seem To Ask Bitdefender Directly......

Options

Tried to contact you guys directly, but I was prevented from doing so because I don't have a registration code.

Had this question answered anecdotally but want to present it to the authorities...

Does BD anti-virus prevent infections of Ransom Trojan? (BDRemoval_Trojan_Ransom_IcePol.exe)

Doesn't seem like a hard question to answer, but I have been days in the quest.

Thanks

Joe

Comments

• Tried to contact you guys directly, but I was prevented from doing so because I don't have a registration code.

Had this question answered anecdotally but want to present it to the authorities...

Does BD anti-virus prevent infections of Ransom Trojan? (BDRemoval_Trojan_Ransom_IcePol.exe)

Doesn't seem like a hard question to answer, but I have been days in the quest.

Thanks

Joe

http://www.bitdefender.com/VIRUS-1000659-e...som-IcePol.html

.... yes

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello tittiger,

I believe you are now running a trial of BD antivirus, and yes you are now protected. See this from BD Support. Just under the image it says "Bitdefender software detects and blocks Cryptolocker from installing, so Bitdefender customers are protected."

roberto55 linked you to the removal tool above but looking at your previous posts it seems you have already had to use it, now you are fully covered. :)

• Hello tittiger,

I believe you are now running a trial of BD antivirus, and yes you are now protected. See this from BD Support. Just under the image it says "Bitdefender software detects and blocks Cryptolocker from installing, so Bitdefender customers are protected."

roberto55 linked you to the removal tool above but looking at your previous posts it seems you have already had to use it, now you are fully covered. :)

I am not referring to cryptolocker, Rohugh, but to the the ransom malaware that is removed by: BDRemoval_Trojan_Ransom_IcePol.exe

Using this free removal tools did nothing to keep it from coming back.

I am still trying to find out if BD will keep me from getting the FBI ransom malware?

Thanks!

• Rohugh
    Options

The link I gave is showing that ransomware is indeed protected against, I don't think BD are going to list every variant of it.

Are you saying that despite running Bitdefender you were infected again by that particular FBI variant or did you just use the removal tool and aren't running BD?

• The link I gave is showing that ransomware is indeed protected against, I don't think BD are going to list every variant of it.

Are you saying that despite running Bitdefender you were infected again by that particular FBI variant or did you just use the removal tool and aren't running BD?

Well I just got it Rohugh! Yes while running BD.

If BD can not even provide answers to support questions here I am better off using another product.

BD is coming off all of my machine this week, both because it doesn't work and they can't even take time to answer a question.

Going to be looking for another AV product.....

Thanks for your time.

Joe