Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Remove Right Click Bitdefender Options?

Options

Can someone tell me how to remove that right click options of bitdefender 2014 in windows 7 I tried renaming that dll files in dl_ but I couldn't find that option in update_components.xml to put from 1 to 0.

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    Can someone tell me how to remove that right click options of bitdefender 2014 in windows 7 I tried renaming that dll files in dl_ but I couldn't find that option in update_components.xml to put from 1 to 0.

Just a quick question, why would you even want to do this?

• columbo
    Options
    Just a quick question, why would you even want to do this?

My thought too, it's a nice feature. Could you follow up with what you're looking to accomplish in doing this, Thermaltake? :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

You can remove the contextual menu entries of Bitdefender with Autoruns

Run the program, then go to Explorer tab and simply uncheck the Bitdefender entries.

Let us know if you have other questions or concerns. Thank you!

• columbo
    Options

Thanks for the tip, Georgia, for those who may want to actually disable a nice feature of file scan and shredder :blink: Oh well, to each his own ^_^

• Nesivos
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, Georgia, for those who may want to actually disable a nice feature of file scan and shredder :blink: Oh well, to each his own ^_^

Interestingly enough on this subject the new MBAM 2.0 (only at the RC1 level) has contextual scans turned off by defualt and someone today asked on their forum why would MBAM want to have the default for contextual scans set to off. You can activate contextual scans in MBAM 2.0 RC1 by clicking a box in one of the sections of the program's settings.

Maybe all this on off stuff with regard to contextual scans impacts the computers total memory usage. If so I like the idea of having it turned off by default and then being able to turn it on as needed. Then turn back off if desired to save memory when contextual scans are not being performed by the user.

Other than saving memory and maybe some CPU I can't think of another reason for wanting to have contextual scans set to off by default or otherwise.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    Options

That is interesting, thanks for the update, Nesivos. I really hadn't even consider it as far as system impact. It sounds like a nice MBAM feature, yet, for PCs that these days that have enough CPU and memory, (unless it's and older PC), I like you, would rather leave it on. Still, it's a nice feature to be able to enable or disable.

• Maybe he doesn't want his contextual menus so cluttered. I have too many options mysel,f I sometimes tire of sifting through them all, WINrar, especially, with like, 4 or 5 entries.

• columbo
    Options

Yes, as I've used WINrar before, and remember the clutter along with some of the other installed software right click options.