Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Can I Hide My License Key

Options

Hello Team,

When I clicked on xxx days left in the bit defender window, it is showing my product license as plain text which is open to any of my colleagues using my laptop. Could you provide a way out to hide my product license.

Many thanks,

Sivaram

Comments

• antikythera
    Options
    Hello Team,

When I clicked on xxx days left in the bit defender window, it is showing my product license as plain text which is open to any of my colleagues using my laptop. Could you provide a way out to hide my product license.

Many thanks,

Sivaram

I and several others have requested this. I hope they actually take notice and no longer have this information on full view in the new 2015 product. At present I don't know of a way to conceal the code if it is at all possible.

• I and several others have requested this. I hope they actually take notice and no longer have this information on full view in the new 2015 product. At present I don't know of a way to conceal the code if it is at all possible.

Hi antikythera,

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed the latest Total security product from bit defender website and activated my license but still I could see serial number as plain text. Any way out?

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya sivaramk,

As antikythera has said, there is no way at present to hide the information, it will show on the GUI even if you activate a password to prevent changes - perhaps that password could be used to hide it when the next version of BD is released. It is a bad idea for a security product at the moment. :(

• columbo
    Options

Even more of a security issue for me, other than someone who would know where to find my key in the main UI, are those who may enable their MyBitdefender login to Remember me on this computer, as this could lead someone into a boat load of your account and BD key information. Let alone with Anti-Theft, lock you out, or wipe your drive via another account.

MYBDLogin_zps25464702.png

• Rohugh
    Options

I might disagree with you Columbo about the MyBitdefender being more of a security issue, that can be easily solved by not setting it to "remember me", the GUI license details cannot be hidden at all. However, I do agree that both those should be revisited and looked at when the time comes for the 2015 version. :)

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2014
    Options

Good points Rohugh :) about the license key info cannot be hid, but the MyBitdefender can be always be logged onto and out of...but that has never really concerned me about the UI key being shown. Maybe because I'm single, and no one else uses my computer ^_^ Also, it is a quick way for someone to find their key in time of need. Maybe the need for it to be password protected when that feature is enabled in the General settings, as you mentioned in post#4, is a good idea :) To otherwise "hide" it, and we know wher to find it, would soon be given up on this Forum, of "how do I (i.e. as in us knowing how to unlock a Anti-Theft locked PC) find my key".

Or, just to have it be on the MyBitdefender web page, so people don't have to use a password every time they want to make a BD UI settings change if it was part of General password protected settings. Of just password protecting the key box it on its own, as you mentioned.