Hide Extensions For Known Files

Hello

Exactly one year ago I posted a topic with an issue :

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=44245&hl=

But my issue didn't solve !

and when I was searching on this forum , I found interesting results !

This issue was reported on 2011 but since then no one , for god's sake , NO ONE in the team of Bitdefender solved this!!!

Here the topics of this issue :

2011 Version

Hidden Files And Folders

Visible File Extensions?!

2012 version

[escalated]bitdefender 2012 Issues, Three fallices that have been bugging since installion

[escalated]a Bug In Av Plus 2012

Hidden Files Auto-hide (win 7) And Auto Windows-update On (win Xp), 3 different problems in 3 different Windows PCs

Bitdefender Resets Windows Options

[escalated]bitdefender 2012 Issues, Three fallices that have been bugging since installion

2013 Version

Settings Changed After Installing Bitdefender, 2 win settings changed after installing bitdefender

Bitdefender Av 2013: Hide Extensions For Known Files. Help!, activavaction box problem

This issue still remains in the 2014 version , known as New Bitdefender!!!!

Please do something about this issue , this is very annoying bug!!

After scan and finding virus , the extensions for known file types will show!

and in Internet Explorer the home page will change to Blank page !!

and you can not change anything until the system restart!

please FIX THIS BUG!!!

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Sia7asH,

Referring to your query, we kindly inform you that the inability to operate "Don't/Show hidden files" options is part of the Bitdefender disinfection routine. This behavior is normal, it's not a bug.

Can you confirm if the folder options are reset to normal after a system restart? Restarting Windows is also necessary for Bitdefender to complete a disinfection.

As for the home page that resets to about:blank - it happens after a contextual scan is performed and an infected file is found. This is how the disinfection routine works for web browsers infections. Are you able to change the home page afterwards?

Please respond to the above 2 questions.

• Hello Sia7asH,

Referring to your query, we kindly inform you that the inability to operate "Don't/Show hidden files" options is part of the Bitdefender disinfection routine. This behavior is normal, it's not a bug.

Can you confirm if the folder options are reset to normal after a system restart? Restarting Windows is also necessary for Bitdefender to complete a disinfection.

As for the home page that resets to about:blank - it happens after a contextual scan is performed and an infected file is found. This is how the disinfection routine works for web browsers infections. Are you able to change the home page afterwards?

Please respond to the above 2 questions.

Hello Georgia

thanks for your reply .

the answer to your questions is :

1 - Can you confirm if the folder options are reset to normal after a system restart?

No , After restart I Have to do it manually

2- Are you able to change the home page afterwards?

Yes , But after restarting my PC.

• The same problems persist in Bitdefender's 2015 versions too. If we have to change the Folder Options manually after a virus detection, then at least we should be able to do that without a restart; because sometimes, these virus detections are just false positives and it's very annoying to have the settings changed just because of that. <_<

Please address these issues asap. Thanks.

• BUMP. It's 2015 now, same sh!t...

• Hello,

it's 2018 and no NEWs about a solution!!! 

• This is getting very annoying now, I can't even view my hidden files.

• Hello, 

If you have encountered this issue please follow the steps from this article:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1940/

Thank you. 

• vipermk2
    edited December 2018

Already tried that, it doesn't work. The only thing that does work is uninstalling bitdefender

• timucin
    edited October 2019

bitdefender total security 2020 doesn't allow to hide file extensions. is there any solution? It had the same bug before years and still. shame on bitdefender team.

• Hello /index.php?/profile/217710-timucin/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="217710" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/217710-timucin/" rel="">@timucin,

You can review the article below in order to solve the situation you are currently encountering:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1940/

We would also like to ask you to ensure that your post corresponds with the appropriate section of the forum, in order for you to receive a reply faster.

This discussion has been closed.