Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[solved] Disabled "scan Http Traffic"

Options

Hello, just a couple days ago I started receiving a message that the webhost I maintain my website at was automatically blocked for phishing..... I thought nothing of it as I simply ignored the message and clicked forward to bypass. Now Friday evening came along and as I was going to perform one of my many daily updates I I started to get errors within the host application page telling the process failed and could not be completed. I further contacted their support and after several messages back and forth it was determined the BitDefender is what is causing the problem and blocking the site improperly.

I have submitted a false positive to the site here already and had to perform the following instructions as given to me from my host (Weebly)

Certain versions of BitDefender Antivirus were inadvertently blocking our image uploader as a "threat" of some kind. This makes it impossible to upload an image if you have one of these versions BitDefender installed and active on your computer.

BitDefender has corrected this false positive with a recent update, and they have provided the following instructions on how to update their software to fix the problem.

Click on the START menu button;

Go to (All) Programs -> Bitdefender 2014 -> choose "Repair"

Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to;

Register and activate the product, then open Bitdefender and run a new update; reboot again if requested. You'll see a messag

e like this one:

A product update was released and it will be installed on your machine in maximum 24 hours. Your build should be 16.27.0.1763 or later (please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine.

BitDefender has assured us that this should fix the issue but we are still hearing from some users that the problem persists. If you find yourself in that group:

Open the BitDefender program, and click on the "gear" next to "Antivirus" to open the settings.

On the "Shield" tab, under "On-access scanning", click the "Custom" button.

On the "Traffic Scan" tab, uncheck the "Scan HTTP traffic" option.

Unfortunately, if the issue persists, you'll need to contact BitDefender's support for assistance.

I ended up needing to turn off the Scan HTTP Traffic option in order to be able to update my pages. I want to know what the result will be in terms of loss of protection on my pc's in order to be able to maintain & update my business website thanks to turning off this feature. I am not happy to have spent so much on a new virus program that within 1 month of owning it I am having to disable features.

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello DogManDan,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

A Bitdefender signature update was released a couple of hours ago, which should fix the issues you report with Weebly.

Make sure that your Bitdefender product updates daily, and in order to do this please right click on the Bitdefender icon from the system tray (near Windows clock) and choose 'Update now'. Or hit 'Update Now' on the Bitdefender interface - Update panel.

Please let us know if you can edit your websites on Weebly afterwards.

This discussion has been closed.