Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Delete Or Quarantine Problem Files

Options

Hi all

I am running Bit Defender Anti-Virus Plus and the other day a scan revealed one problem however it would not give me the option to clean or quarantine because it said that I needed Administration rights.

I am running Windows 8.1 and so I went to my user account and it said that I am the Administrator (I am sole user of the laptop).

What could I be doing wrong?

Otherwise a fine product but I would need this to be resolved before I renew.

Maque

Comments

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hi all

I am running Bit Defender Anti-Virus Plus and the other day a scan revealed one problem however it would not give me the option to clean or quarantine because it said that I needed Administration rights.

I am running Windows 8.1 and so I went to my user account and it said that I am the Administrator (I am sole user of the laptop).

What could I be doing wrong?

Otherwise a fine product but I would need this to be resolved before I renew.

Maque

Try rebooting into Safe Mode

How do I restart in Safe Mode?

Safe mode is a diagnostic operating mode, used mainly to troubleshoot problems affecting normal operation of Windows. Such problems range from conflicting drivers to viruses preventing Windows from starting normally. In Safe Mode only a few applications work and Windows loads just the basic drivers and a minimum of operating system components. This is why most viruses are inactive when using Windows in Safe Mode and they can be easily removed.

With W8.X the best and easiest way to boot into Safe Mode is to use the System Configuration utility. I keep it pinned to the Taskbar. It can be located at C:\Windows\System32\ The file name is 'msconfig.exe' You can run it from there, create a shortcut or pin it to the Taskbar. After you open the GUI select Boot and then select Safe Boot. Then click on 'X' upper right to close the GUI. It will tell you Windows will restart or ask you if you want to restart or reboot whichever its says. Click to restart and Windows will restart in Safe Mode. You should be able to take it from there. When done doing what you do just restart Windows as usual and Windows will restart normally. Good luck.